Best place to buy a record player?

So I've been reading a bit about vinyl lately and I like the whole idea of listening to vinyl being an intimate experience with the music as opposed to just passively playing MP3s through iTunes.

So what should I do about buying a record player? I have a Pioneer 3 CD changer stereo, and it would probably be ideal if I could just use those speakers as they're pretty nice. Should I buy new or used? What kind of price range am I looking at?

and a side question about the Vinyl Collective web store. I searched Dylan on there, and the album New Morning came up with two different results, one of them being about $8 more expensive. Is the stuff sold through the VC site new or used? What accounts for that difference in price?

As for buying a record player, you can check out needledoctor.com or Amazon. You can spend as much as you want on a record player, but you can get a cheap new one for about $100. I wouldn't buy used unless you can physically try it out, but maybe others have had good luck with used record players? Also make sure your stereo has a phono input, if you just have AUX, you'll need a preamp or a record player that has one built in. Welcome to the world of vinyl!!