For Sale - Local pickup in SE WI - Restored Sansui receiver and new 'retro' speakers. $200

the_yetimonster

Just add a retro turntable and you've got full hipster cred!

I bought both of these things a while back and until recently I've been using them in my bedroom with a Pure i20

iPod dock. 

The receiver is a Sansui 441.  It's restoration consisted of all new capacitors except for the big main filter,  new insulators and thermal paste on the output transistors, new diodes, lamps, bias/offset adjustments, and a thorough cleaning/DeOxit treatment.  Of course, it's got a very nice sounding phono input :)  I bought it from an electronics technician in IL.  It works without fault and sounds really nice. 

21524452189_860c9de6ac_b.jpg

21720555431_4dc7701268_b.jpg

21711429825_a3703d3db7_b.jpg

And the speakers.  These were built from scratch by a hobbyist specifically to look retro.  They've got brand new woofers and Advent type tweeters, the guts are all new, etc.  He made the cabinets out of wood and oiled them with tung oil.  The grilles are old-fashioned cane.  I bought them for their looks, but they actually sound really good, especially with the Sansui.  I bought them from a fellow on Audiokarma.

b95bTMP.jpg

74sFhNi.jpg

Looking for $200 for the receiver and speakers. 

• 1 month later...