Rok Lok Records: Shivering Window 7 inch, The Only Ghost In Town and Nearr cassettes out now

12697205_794957097275320_126898088839195

SHIVERING WINDOW "DAYS I'VE LOST B/W CLEAN HELL" 7 INCH

I have made it no secret that the fertile lo-fi bedroom pop/scene of Califonia has been has had a profound influence on Rok Lok since the beginning and it continues to do so. A few years ago I was fortunate enough to have my good friend Matthew Gray and his project Shivering Window contribute to the Rok Lok Singles Club cassette series and since that release I have been itching to do something else. Shivering Window, ever so prolific it was only a matter of time before things fell into place. The gloomy, bedroom pop of Shivering Window after a litany of cassette only releases was just begging to be thrown onto vinyl and that time is now. Shivering Window puts forth two songs that encapsulates everything that this Long Beach, CA bedroom pop project is all about but continues to evolve into new sonic territory. Shivering Window excels in creating moody, minimal melodic jabs of lo fi bedroom pop. This 7 inch is a split release effort with the wonderful Juniper Tree Songs and is limited to an edition of 200 copies on black vinyl pressed at Palomino Records. Black & white fold over covers made at Moxicopy. Includes a download code. 

Listen here: https://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/days-ive-lost-b-w-clean-hell [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] » 

THE ONLY GHOST IN TOWN "PECULIAR SMILES: 2010 -2015" CASSETTE
I recall where I first met Dan Saraceni-it was at the Rok Lok Records 10 Year Anniversary Showcase at the Knitting Factory. We spoke briefly and then we later started chatting on Myspace and email, mainly talking about our mutual love of the band Further but quickly that spread into all things lo-fi, indie rock, indie pop and shoegaze. Not too long after Dan showed me the first track he recorded for his new project The Only Ghost in Town and I was blown away. It sounded like all the bands he and I would talk about rolled into one. That track "Like Candy" was included in the debut release from The Only Ghost in Town, "The Summer Was Over Before It Began". I would go on to release several more excellent releases for The Only Ghost In Town, and the project has matured a great deal releasing several other great cassettes on other labels. Time has expired and as such has seen these early releases from The Only Ghost in Town so I saw it fitting to talk Dan into releasing a cassette that collected all of the eps, comp tracks and rare tracks. Fortunately he agreed to allow me the honor of releasing "Peculiar Smiles: 2010-2015" cassette. This releases features material from the "Hidden East Coast EP", cd/lathe cut 7 inch, "I Live in the Capital of Pain: Singles Club #2" cassette, compilation tracks, and a few previously digital only releases. For fans of those who dig indie pop/lofi/shoegaze stuff like Veronica Lake, Lenola, Further, etc. This cassette is limited to an edition of 50 home dubbed (in real time) C-60 white clam shell cassettes with full color j-cards and printed labels.

Listen here: https://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/peculiar-smiles-2010-2015 [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] » 

NEARR "INTRODUCTION TO..." CASSETTE
One of the most truly inspiring aspects of lo-fi bedroom music is that it is something that isn't exclusive to one region. Where ever someone resides and has the desire to express themselves through creating music there is a commonality inherent just in the act of doing so and that is beautiful. And through a network of like minded individuals whom share the sounds the create in the privacy of their homes we get to see how amazing it is that mankind despite many differences still have such common experiences such as music and art that we can share and appreciate. That brings me to Ukraine based home recording lo-fi/shoegaze/dream pop project Nearr, that despite being separated by 4,755 miles away, the project's creative mind Eduard Tokuyev is able to create sounds that resonate in my so much that in a way Nearr feels like home. Bringing together a mixture of sounds that recalls The Cure, Cocteau Twins, and Talk Talk as well as contemporaries Vehicle Blues and Trudgers. "Introduction to..." is a sixteen track compilation that hand picks the best representations of Nearr's discography. This release is limited to an edition of 30 white clam shell C-60 cassettes with full color, numbered card stock j-cards and full color labels.

Listen here: https://roklokrecords.bandcamp.com/album/introduction-to [roklokrecords.bandcamp.com] » 

AVAILABLE RELEASES:

(RL110) Nearr "Introduction To..." cassette
(RL109) Snow What "It's Over" cassette
(RL108) Kkidss "Anemia" cassette
(RL107) The Only Ghost In Town "Peculiar Smiles: 2010-2015" cassette
(RL106) Shojo Winter "Eternal Snow" cassette
(RL105) Graham Repulski "Success Racist" cassette
(RL104) Kkidss "Candy" cassette
(RL103) Shivering Window "Days I've Lost b/w Clean Hell" 7 inch
(RL101) Stars Are Insane "Winter Postcard" lathe cut 5 inch *8 copies left*
(RL100) Restaurnaut "Birth" cassette
(RL99) Rayning "Refraction" cassette
(RL98) Love Letter "Collecting Loss" lathe cut 10 inch *6 copies left*
(RL97) Cestine "Other Half/Bright Encounter" cassette
(RL96) Jan "Let It Ride" cassette
(RL95) Mormon Toasterhead "Memory/Monument" double cassette
(RL94) Little Whirls "Sedateness at the Movies" cassette
(RL93) Love Letter "Gentle Memories" cassette
(RL92) World's Fair "Leisurely" 12 inch
(RL91) Hiders "Bloom" cassette *5 copies left*
(RL90) Stars Are Insane "Pop Industry" cassette
(RL89) Love Letter "It Brought Us Something We Had to Know" cassette
(RL88) Snow What "So Far So Good" 12 inch
(RL86) The National Park Service "Winter Clothes" cassette
(RL85) Stars Are Insane/Monogamy "split" cassette *6 copies left*
(RL84) Stars Are Insane/Morgue Toad "split" cassette *2 copies left*
(RL83) White Blush "White Blush" cassette
(RL81) Abandoned Houses "Untitled Spirals" cassette 
(RL79) Imaginary Pants "Channels b/w Seacliff" 7 inch
(RL77) v/a "I Know Why They Call It Pop: Volume 2" cassette *6 copies left*
(RL75) Bare Pale "If It Is" cassette *9 copies left*
(RL73) Dude Japan "Simple Living" cd (reissue w/ bonus tracks)
(RL72) Dude Japan "Will You Meet Me There" cassette/cd
(RL70) Eureka California/Good Grief "split" 7 inch
(RL66) Shivering Window "Singles Club #9" cassette *2 copies left*
(RL65) Katrina Stonehart "Singles Club #8" cassette *3 copies left*
(RL62) Mike Naideau "Singles Club #6" cassette *4 copies left*
(RL61) Hanna Elson "Singles Club #5" cassette *4 copies left*
(RL57) Make It Plain "Somersault" 7 inch
(RL54) Outside the Museum "Singles Club #1" cassette *3 copies left*
(RL53) Giant Peach "Callous & Strange" 7 inch 
(RL51) Brick Mower "Why Are We Doing This?" 7 inch
(RL45) Yes Sensei "In Excelsis" cd *8 copies left*
(RL43) Sandy City "Surfin' WA" 12 inch
(RL38) Fellow Project "Boots" 7 inch *5 copies left*
(RL33) Yes Sensei "3 Songs" 7 inch
(RL31) Yes Sensei "s/t" cd
(RL27) On the Might of Princes "Where You Are & Where You Want to Be" cd
(RL26) On the Might of Princes "The Making of a Conversation" cd
RL16) Yes Sensei "We Who Transplant Sustain" cd
(RL15) Yes Sensei "What I Do Best is What I Do Worst" cd
(RL13) Bookstore "s/t" cd
(RL11) Space Robot Scientists "We've Got a Time Machine" cd
(RL08) v/a "The Hope Machine" cd
(RL07) Stars Are Insane "Anonymously Yours" cassette (reissue)
(RL06) Explosivo! "The Uh Oh EP" cd