New to me turntable

Just bought a Pioneer PL-300 so I could get back into vinyl again. had to exorcise some gremlins out of it when it got it home. But I knew about them before buying it. first gremlins was the auto return would return every time you set the stylus down once that was done time to attack the second gremlin the table would slow down for a second every so often so tore it apart some more and found the speed a just pot hit it with some cleaner and worked it back and forth set the pot back to where it was put it back together wired it into my amp and fired it  up. sounds nice for a 38 dollar table bought with no guarantee. so I'm happy with my purchase for now till I can upgrade to a better one. it sound a whole lot better than those 100 dollar models at the local shop they a shilling.

On 12/24/2016 at 4:07 PM, rigamrts said:

Just bought a Pioneer PL-300 so I could get back into vinyl again. had to exorcise some gremlins out of it when it got it home. But I knew about them before buying it. first gremlins was the auto return would return every time you set the stylus down once that was done time to attack the second gremlin the table would slow down for a second every so often so tore it apart some more and found the speed a just pot hit it with some cleaner and worked it back and forth set the pot back to where it was put it back together wired it into my amp and fired it  up. sounds nice for a 38 dollar table bought with no guarantee. so I'm happy with my purchase for now till I can upgrade to a better one. it sound a whole lot better than those 100 dollar models at the local shop they a shilling.

You mean the Crapleys?