Christmas Beginner Turntable (Jensen Jta-222 Vs. Audio Technica At-lp60)

Received a Jensen JTA-222 for Christmas. Upon research, found that the Jensen 230 has issues with heavy tracking (5 grams?) and a ceramic cartridge that creates less-than-desirable sound? The 222 should be likely to have these same problems, right?

How good is the AT-LP60? Does it have any of the problems that the 222/230 has? I've read that the cartridge is magnetic, fixing the low-fi sound problem. I already own external speakers and an amp/preamp, so losing the all-in-one setup isn't an issue to me.

Should I return the 222 and use that money to buy an LP60 instead?

hopefully you read this first?

Basically though I'd aspire a little farther up the food chain if you can.

We all have to start somewhere but any of the tables that uses the Chinese made Hanpin mechanicals or looks like the AT-60 is going to be average at the very best, anything that uses that straight chrome arm with a plastic bearing housing and headshell that you can't change the cartridge on falls into that category.

The AT-60 or it's equivalents is basically acceptable but you would probably want to upgrade from it pretty soon.