Fake Problems new album/religious thing?

Guest genericinsight

DP: Also, the rock n’ roll lifestyle is heavily looked down upon, and we try to stay above all that and keep ourselves ethically and morally aligned, but no matter what we do there’s still pressure from our families that think that rock ‘n roll goes hand-in-hand with cocaine binges and strippers and they think that we do that, and that’s not the case.

I gathered this based on a lot of the lyrics on this record actually. I never thought it was meant to be religious. The first time I listened to it full through and listened closely to the lyrics, I actually said to myself "Sounds to me like someone in the band's family thinks they're going to hell for playing in a band". Glad Derek confirmed that. But I can see how it could be misconstrued as religious.

A lot of the songs are lyrical jabs and poking fun at the ideas of "Hey I'm in a band so I'm going to hell!"

Guest genericinsight
I've tried and I really can't get into this band.

Chris, have you seen them? This is an honest question. I didn't like Fake Problems at all at first, the records bored me, but then I saw them live (unintentionally) and I enjoyed them so much I gave the records a second chance.

My suggestion is go see them if you can, your opinion might change.

Fake Problems is one of those bands that blew me away live but when I sat down and listened to their stuff I just couldn't get into it. They are all awsome musicians and even better people, they are some of the nicest musicians I have ever met and hung out with. One of my buddies fucking loves these guys.