CHEECH / MILO'S SYNDICATE EP REVIEW

urr

Here's the review from the March 2010 issue of MRR.

CHEECH / MILO'S SYNDICATE SPLIT EP

Two Boston-area bands share this EP, both delivering signature East Coast HC that's (in the words of Milo's Syndicate) "hard, heavy, and not very nice." Right off the bat CHEECH's vocals and tuff-but-catchy riffs reminded me of BLOOD FOR BLOOD, especially given the lyrics to the first track "Whiskey Strength." The horn section on their other song was unexpected (and had me thinking BOSSTONES?) but guest vocals by Paul Bearer kept things a little grounded in (hardcore) reality. MILO'S SYNDICATE is similar - maybe a little more NYHC-style, definitely influenced by classic-era SICK OF IT ALL- with both their tunes about fighting and beating people down for some reason or another. All four tracks are taken from the bands' respective upcoming albums, which, judging by the quality of material here, will be worth checking out if you're the type of person who goes to hardcore shows to let off some pent-up aggression in the pit. Looks like Boston is back on the map... (United Riot)

GET THE RECORD AT WWW.UNITEDRIOTRECORDS.COM

OR GO TO UNITED RIOT RECORDS EBAY STORE!!!!!!

http://stores.ebay.com/UNITED-RIOT-RECORDS

Go shopping, We have 100% feedback!!! Quick and reliable