Horseback - The Invisible Mountain LP

Got this 12" in the mail today. Listening to it now and just felt like telling the world (people on this board) about it.. it's so damn good. WOW! I found out about it via OMGvinyl.com and decided to order it after having listened to streams of the songs. This is what OMGvinyl said about it;

"My good friend / poster artist Drew Millward tipped me off to this record, and it’s one of the most interesting things I’ve heard in a long time . A one-man project from North Carolina, Horseback plays an intensely original blend of drone, krautrock, and black metal. The music is unbelievably catchy and melodic, sharply contrasting with the insanity of the vocals. Even if you don’t like much heavy music, give this one a listen, it’s unlike almost anything I’ve heard before. Hardcore metalheads, this may be something black metal-influenced that you can play for your significant other without them leaving you. The LP comes on clear vinyl, is limited to 300 copies, and costs £16.99 shipped worldwide."

from Aurora Borealis website;

"HORSEBACK, the brainchild of Jenks Miller, has released two full-length albums since forming in 2007. The band's second full-length, 'The Invisible Mountain', is released as a highly limited vinyl LP on Aurora Borealis this Spring and will be re-released on CD through Relapse later this Summer. Available as an edition of just 300 on transparent wax with a fold over velum-style sleeve featuring artwork by Russian occult artist Denis Kostromitin, this is a beautiful edition of this incredible record.

'The Invisible Mountain' spans four tracks of gorgeously warm analogue drone rock that brings to mind the Kraut drift of Amon Duul II and the modern Western cinemascope of Earth while pushing headlong into territories unknown."

[image]

I got mine from http://aurora-b.com/

Some songs are streamed here; http://www.aurora-b.com/band_pages/HORSEBACK.php