FS: New Daniel James Gang 45

danarky

Sorry if this is Spam, I know that I don't post here often and don't wanna be a douche.

I got a new record coming out in a few weeks, and you can pre-order it now on either black or hot pink vinyl. I think this is better than our last record ("In This City") as I think it was recorded better and the performance is better. Whatever. You can check out a stream or order it at our website. (http://www.danieljamesgang.com)

• 4 months later...

From Maximum Rock n' Roll #333 (February 2011)

What the fuck? Did the RIFFS reform under the name the DANIEL JAMES GANG? This new single from the latter reminds me so much of the incredible PDX punk band the RIFFS that it is silly... but that is not a bad thing at all as I loved the RIFFS! Granted that band were derivative of so many influences that perhaps the DANIEL JAMES GANG have never even heard of the RIFFS. Just think of great, snotty NYC-style punk/rock bands that all wish they were JOHNNY THUNDERS and you'll know what I'm talking about. Regardless, I really, really like this single!! This is much better than that last 7" from the band, in my humble opinion.

-Mike Josephson

From Terminal Boredom (Winter 2010)

One of the Chinese Telephones gets semi-tough on this three-songer. "Nothin' I Can Do" is damn good power-pop, with more than enough power including a loud geetar solo. Sounds ATL-ish, like a harder and sneering Gentleman Jesse. B-Side drops the quality, as you get two mid-grade poppers, with a little pop-punk flair, maybe a little garage trash. Neither song has the hook of the A-Side, no matter how hard the guitar player tries. Pretty decent for modern American power-pop, although not as skillful as some Canadian or Japanese bands leading the genre these days.

-Rich K.