Funny/Not Funny Records - Invisible Hand LP

Funny / Not Funny Records Update:

F/NF 013: INVISIBLE HAND - Self Titled LP | PRE-ORDER HERE

[image]

Adam Smith and his Invisible Hand have been producing some of the best punk-laced pop gems and quietly experimenting with home-recording under the radar for the past four years; hitting their stride off a series of split 7” EP releases with Naked Gods (Boone, NC), The Alphabet (Harrisonburg, VA) and Borrowed Beams of Light (Charlottesville, VA). With the Funny / Not Funny Records release of Invisible Hand, the band is ready to expand their devoted-listener base.

Musically, the band cites influences from decades past, including Velvet Underground, The Box Tops and The Kinks. With big choruses and fretboard theatrics, Invisible Hand is more reminiscent of Born To Quit-era Smoking Popes coupled with the calm, collected lyrical desperation of The Wrens. Standout tracks include “There’s Room in My Will,” which could of easily have been left on the cutting room floor during The Replacements looser glory days, and earsplitting “Four Seasons”; a would-be perfect companion to the 1995’s ahead of it’s time slop-pop “Piss Bottle Man” by Mike Watt.

Invisible Hand’s Self Titled debut full length will be officially released on Funny / Not Funny Records November 9th, 2010.

Specials for this pre-order, AVAILABLE RIGHT HERE.

$12 for Invisible Hand’s LP + Digital Download

$15 for Invisible Hand’s LP and F/NF001 (invisible hand / alphabet 7”) (+ Digital Download for all releases)

$18 for Invisible Hand’s LP, F/NF001, and F/NF011 (invisible hand / borrowed beams of light 7”) (+ Digital Download for all releases)

*All Pre-Orders come with a digital download of F/NF008, Invisible Hand’s Sinister Hand Cassette.

All orders will ship the first week of November.

Track listing:

Two Chords

There’s Room in My Will

Coy Trap

(Aubade)

Four Seasons

I Want To Win

I Caught Twenty Two

Don’t Wait For Your 3rd Eye

This Morning Was

Black Tie Formal

Vegetables

Once The Salad Enters Your Mind

More information can be found on Invisible Hand and their upcoming LP on the Fanatic PR Website.

UPCOMING RELEASES:

F/NF 011 - Borrowed Beams of Light / Invisible Hand Split 7". Coming October 2010. Pre-Order Here

F/NF 012 - Order / Elephant Child Split Cassette. Coming November 2010

F/NF 013 - Invisible Hand S/T LP. Coming November 9TH, 2010. Pre-Order Here

• 4 weeks later...