AJJ - Can't Maintain: trade me a pink copy!

ryanmccauley38

So, I'm just connecting the dots that I'm missing the pink variant of this album in my collection and I have an extra grey marble variant (if I'm not mistaken, both are /500 first pressings... right?).

Instead of trying to sell one and buy the other, why not trade? I'm not at my apartment right now (I will be in less than a week though), so I figured I'd see if anyone could help me out now before I forget that I thought of this. Hopefully I can get something set up by the time I get back home.

Let me know if you're down to trade! :)

Compounding my present sleepiness with my already terrible memory AND my messed up tradelist, I can't really say for sure, but I believe I have the black variant. Isn't it supposed to be "rare" or something. I can't find a damned number for it and I've bugged Mike at AMR about updating the pressing info enough as it is to do so anymore. I feel like an entitled douchebag when I do, but I can't resist knowing.

I'm certainly in no position (financially) to try and strike any purchasing deals, but if you decide to take the plunge and break the variant collection, let me know. There are some serious wants lingering in your collection that I'd jump on faster than a bird being sucked through a 747's engines.

haha same here. i was in contact with him the other day but only asked about the current pressings. can't maintain is one of the ones currently on a random colors pressing of 500. so for all we know there are like a couple hundred black. i had heard the black was out of like a handful or even ten but who knows. i've also heard about and maybe seen a gold variant if i remember right.

it's getting too crazy with their variants so i'm at a standstill now as far as picking up every single fairly common one.

haha same here. i was in contact with him the other day but only asked about the current pressings. can't maintain is one of the ones currently on a random colors pressing of 500. so for all we know there are like a couple hundred black. i had heard the black was out of like a handful or even ten but who knows. i've also heard about and maybe seen a gold variant if i remember right.

it's getting too crazy with their variants so i'm at a standstill now as far as picking up every single fairly common one.

Yeah. I know variant collecting is something of a risk since it's not like records are SPECIFICALLY pressed for us (well... I certainly hope not at least.). I know to some people variant collecting might seem douchey and ball-hoggy, and not to sound all entitled, the decision to go random with Knife Man/Can't Maintain was a little aggravating to me, but hey... c'est la vie.

As for the black pressing, if there is one sitting in my apartment, then I certainly hope it's out of 10-ish. I definitely don't remember paying for any /10 variant in my collection that isn't a test straight from Mike.

And as for the "gold" pressing, I assume you mean a sort of clear-orange right? I've never understood that color-tag when there are actually records that are gold in color. If you ARE referring to a clear-orange version, I have one of those. I believe they're out of 300, but who knows these days. :P

I recall Mike saying he'd update the pressing info sometime soon last time I bugged him about it though, so hopefully that will clear any ambiguity about this stuff.

no clue about the "gold". i thought i saw one that looked gold in color on ebay or somewhere at one time. and i know a guy online has one on his list as 2nd press gold.

i felt the same way about the randoms. i emailed mike to try to get one of each and he said for knife man he'd just buy one and call it assorted colors /500. there are apparently ten ish different variants at least and they don't even know how many were on each or what the variants would be now.

mike posted on facebook a bit back asking for help with pressing info. asian man has some up now including a couple ajj but not everything.

The random color /500 isn't like the Flaming Lips random colors where each one is unique. It's just a bunch of random colors thrown into the wax vat and mixed together I think. Every other copy of Knife Man looks like mine.

And the gold is more of a clear orange. I have that one. It looks like the yellow LP in the last pressing of City and Colour's Sometimes

The random color /500 isn't like the Flaming Lips random colors where each one is unique. It's just a bunch of random colors thrown into the wax vat and mixed together I think. Every other copy of Knife Man looks like mine.

And the gold is more of a clear orange. I have that one. It looks like the yellow LP in the last pressing of City and Colour's Sometimes

Seriously? That's awesome. I was thinking I would either just get one copy of the random color to have one copy of that particular pressing, or if there were a significant amount of variances between them, maybe two just to be OCD like that. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Seriously? That's awesome. I was thinking I would either just get one copy of the random color to have one copy of that particular pressing, or if there were a significant amount of variances between them, maybe two just to be OCD like that. Thanks for the heads up. :)

No problem. I've seen a couple pictures and they're all pretty similar to mine. Purple with a ton of marbling and splattering of random colors

i have no idea for sure (yet to pick one up) but mike's response was - "We didn't even count. Just count this pressing as random colored and don't try to get all colors because it is impossible. probably at least 10 variants."

Oh I didn't know about that. I guess it was just a coincidence then that all of the records from that pressing looked like mine. I've only seen about 4 or 5 anyway.