NEW titles available at Stickfigure Mailorder

stickfigure

Hey everyone,

below are the NEW titles available through Stickfigure Mailorder available at www.stickfiguredistro.com/catalog/.

take care,

Gavin / Stickfigure

New Exclusive / Primary Titles:

*Deadman’s Ghost "The Broken Zoetrope" lp (Umor Rex) – The Broken Zoetrope is the debut album of Deadman’s Ghost (formerly Deadman), the project lead by Belfast musician Jason Mills. Released on transparent limited edition vinyl and digital format, it features four new compositions produced in collaboration with sound engineer David Baxter (aka Kab Driver) and four remixes by Northern Irish electronica artists.

The cinematic scope and stylistic experimentation which was acclaimed by reviewers of Cerebral Frontier, drawing comparisons to Beck and David Holmes, is further refined on The Broken Zoetrope. Post-rock instrumentation and electronic soundscapes coalesce with all manner of other ingredients; samples of random people recollecting their dreams and nightmares, shuffling funk drum breaks, apocalyptic lyrics and overdriven pop hooks burst out of the speakers with sub-bass energy. On the flipside, remixes of Cerebral Frontier tracks by Defcon, Barry’s Electric Workshop, T-Polar and The Crimson Underground span from blissed-out electronica to dark, brooding psychedelia. Instruments and vocals from the original songs are processed and used as a catalyst for exploring new sonic territories.

*Ending People "Fill Your Lungs" lp (Cash Cow Productions) – “When I listen to Ending People I imagine I’m riding on the back of Falkor.”– Colin Bricker, Audio Expert.

Ending People, from Denver, CO, play dream-filled pop layered with new-wave inspired guitars and droning synthesizers. Their debut effort, Fill Your Lungs, is a six-song journey through a post-utopian maze of nostalgia and mystery. The apparent bleakness of their name masks a contrarian playfulness echoed through sleek songwriting and production that is danceable yet haunting. Ending People will sooth the weariness of fans who’ve been searching for the perfect combination of Lionel Richie’s infectious melodies and Metric’s modern sensibility. Recorded in their hometown and mastered by Bob Weston at Chicago Mastering Service.

*From The Depths / Next Victim “From The Depths / Next Victim” split cd (Crimethinc / Nikt Nic Nie Wie) - "I can't believe that two phenomenal bands in crust scene have BOTH come together to create such a wonderful bond of music. The split consists of 7 tracks of axe-grinding tracks spanning almost 30 minutes long. Alrighty so lets get down to FtD's side. From The Depths are an anarcho-punk/crust/MELODIC AS FUCK (LOVE THEIR VOCALS) band featuring ex-members from Catharsis and Requiem. They released their first full-length on Crimethinc. I have thrown them up on my blog once before and I'm proud to say that they're taking another turn up on it. Now, if you know anything about Next Victim they are closely similar to FtD and have ex-members from Mind Pollution in it. I wouldn't say their side is as good as FtD's but it's definitely not forgettable. It seems Next Victim is focusing a lot more on the guitar work and dual vocals unlike their first album, The Cold Gust Of Wind, that even had an intro spoken word track all done by the female vocalist. This almost reminds me of Mammoth Grinder a bit but with more uhhh... I don't really know. It just has that sound but it doesn't. It's still fucking great and full of raw hatred. It's just heavy as fuck and very very instrumental. This by far has been my favorite release so MOVE ASIDE Hatred Surge and Mammoth Grinder, Downfall of Gaia and In The Hearts Of Emperors!!!!" - ryonikis.blogspot.com

*Normal Love “Survival Tricks” lp (UgExplode) – THE NEW STUDIO ALBUM FROM THIS UNCOMPROMISINGLY DENSE UNIT. MINDBENDINGLY MODERN, DETAILED CHAMBER SKRONK. A DEVASTATINGLY BIONIC MUSICAL VISION!

NORMAL LOVE creates bracingly intense modern music of shrewd density and unique imagination orchestrated for processed voices, guitars, violin, drums and various electronics. Everything about the band displays a cultivated air of alien logic, from their densely detailed sonic conception to their surreal, blacklit live presentation. “SURVIVAL TRICKS” is their second full-length release, a culmination of years of work and progression following their self-titled debut released in 2007 on High Two Records. Their sound evokes an epicurean fusion of influences as varied as Modern Classical, “Rock In Opposition” prog, Extreme Metal, Noise, Improvised Music and No Wave. There is little use in pigeonholing Normal Love: Their sound will appeal to all those seeking the true cutting edge of contemporary experimental

rock music. The group formed in 2005 and its members currently reside in New York City and Philadelphia.

“Normal Love don’t simply fuse noise, skronk, live electronics, fire-breathing and new music for the sake of genre-killing or academic posturing, but aim to build majestic, well fortified sound-castles for the post-nihilist movement of emerging experimentalists to dwell.” -Philadelphia Weekly

*Ricer "XXX + Size" lp (We Destroy The Family) – “Roughneck cork-stalls connected to marble shawls dripping with the itch of complexity from an absinthe overhang. Definitely could qualify as being RadioDisney-ready, laced with noteworthy flatout word-wads as Alice on the way down dies small and frozen. If I had to guess, this is gnawed from both ripened Halo of Flies and Flyleaf as an apothecary of disturbed, chinless, mitigating factors.

Yeah, but do you like it?

Yeah, but I do, as an anthemic superlative of opposing forces, as waifish vibrato sacks unchecked, clamorous guitars. "Ladyfingers" at one end, "Bleeder" at the other. "1 on 1" is a compact Arvo Part meltdown. "Strangers" sounds like a deconstructed Doobie Brothers coin-toss – deliberate, detrimental and gutsy as hell. The heaviest of quaint, XXX+Size features the tension of blank space merged against a faded depth-charge played by those who drink lots of coffee.

Yeah, but do you like it?

Yeah, but I do!” – David Lindsay / Stomp & Stammer

*S N DY P RL RS "Rex" lp (Umor Rex) – S ND Y P RL RS (or less hermetically, Sunday Parlours, Berlin) projects a vaporous, indeterminate soundscape inside the black resonance chamber that is Rex. Neither noise, loosely anchored in barely sketched, skeletal song structures, nor conventional guitar and voice songs, mystified and buried underneath thick blankets of stylized feedback, Rex exists and slowly drifts in a very peculiar region of sound and intent. The listener is invited to drift accordingly, to patiently adapt his or her senses to the tenuous light and rarified air, and to gradually discern melody, form and emotion from what at first may appear to be a distant mass of black billowing clouds. Yet, as vaporous and indeterminate as this rocking haze may seem, it has all in fact been filtered, layered and grown with method and care. These protracted rivers of sound-dust in which the sun splinters and hums have been shaped by Malte Cornelius Jantzen, who rewards the silent concentration of the listener with subtle and nuanced songwriting. These are songs, no doubt about it, and they wait there for the listener to catch and discern them. Rex will not pummel you into obedience, or force anything down your throat; there are no instructions on how-to-listen properly. Rex bets, humbly and without self-assertion, that the deep mood and enveloping flow of these tunes will carry you away. And you’ll be together, for a while, you and the deep, lonely sound, melting into each other in the quiet darkness. And the melody will project a very distinct and powerful shadow inside you. And it will feel, perhaps, like a profoundly familiar thing, and also, profoundly strange and unknown. And if it all works, and this album speaks to you (and you feel your own shadow stretching inside its resonance chamber) you will know, for sure, for a fact, that this, this, is something special.

*Trophy Wife "Sing What Scares You" lp / cd (307 Knox) – Trophy Wife formed in 2008 when guitarist/vocalist Diane Foglizzo and drummer/vocalist Katy Otto met in Washington, DC while working together on a punk fanzine GIVE ME BACK.

The two began playing together and developed an instinctual language musically – it became clear early on that any band to emerge from their jam sessions would be a duo. They began crafting songs that would later become their first album. “Patience Fury,” recorded by Devin Ocampo (Smart Went Crazy, Faraquet, Medications) and released on Raleigh, North Carolina’s 307Knox Records in 2010. The band had developed a regional following, and began extending its reach, playing frequently in the South, East Coast and mid-West. Drawing comparisons to both riot grrrl aesthetics Diane had never heard and dude-metal persuasions that Katy could never embody, the two were steadfastly determined to eke out a liminal space in between – with an interest in politics and poetry, metal and Americana, identity and society.

Their sophomore release, “Sing What Scares You,” moves away from the overtly political. There is less yelling on this record and the two have begun to weave their voices into melodies and harmonies. This release, recorded by Steve Roche, also includes lyrics in German and French, Otto and Foglizzo’s ancestral tongues, respectively.

*V/A Ten Year Anniversary Omnibus compilation 7" (Tor Johnson) – This release is a thank you to all of you. This is 10-Years of awesome underrated bands and credit card debt. This record includes unreleased/rare songs from Saint Jude, Now Denial, Pretty Faces, & A Fine Boat That Coffin. Includes a download code with more unreleased goodies from Weak Teeth, Jesuscentric, and more! Comes with recycled, hand silk-screened packaging designed by Providence's infamous Scoots from CultureVoid. Limited to 300 randomly mixed vinyl.

*Your Heart Breaks "Harsh Jokes and Bong Tokes" lp (This Will Be Our Summer) – In the spare, messy style of Your Heart Breaks, "Harsh Tokes and Bong Jokes" is a nostalgic chronicle of the twins of youth: romance and rebellion. With the perspective that years bring, songwriter Clyde Petersen weaves melodies out of teenage trouble and innocence, songs in which we can all recognize ourselves. Imagine yourself getting high on a playground merry-go-round, having snuck out the first floor window of your ranch house in your neighborhood with no sidewalks because it was built during a time when people believed no one would ever walk anywhere again. Imagine enjoying it.

New Records:

*Dinos Boys “Play Dead” 7” (Die Slaughterhaus) – “Dinos Boys make their 7-inch debut on Die Slaughterhaus with the rollicking one-two whack of “Play Dead” b/w “SCAB.” Taut, persistent, old school punk rock jostled by the familiar lager splatter of young hooliganism.” – Stomp & Stammer