IFB Records - Remek/Paper Plane Crash LP out and more

ifbrecords

As always, if you read this on a message board, I won't be back here until it's time to post another update.  I won't check the board for messages, so please email me at [email protected] if you want to place an order.  Word!

Here's  yet another new release - Remek/Paper Plane Crash split LP - Remek hail from the Czech Republic and deliver 4 tracks of harsh, powerful emo.  Gruff vocals complement the chaos as they perfectly blend the swirly emo chaos sound with heavier hardcore.  Paper Plane Crash fly in from Slovenia and drop 5 bombs of raw and catchy driving emo with vocals reminiscent of Former Members of Alfonsin.  Both bands have sincere and meaningful lyrics with additional writings as well in a large booklet.  The covers are painted, then screenprinted and look amazing.  Both of these bands are serious about DIY and building an alternative culture and definitely keep my faith in punk alive!  This release is a cooperation between 11 labels.  They are $10 in an order or $13ppd alone.

Here's the other newest IFB releases in case you didn't get them last time.

Landbridge - s/t 7"
Tampa FL's Landbridge knows how to put it all together to create dark melodic crust worth remembering.  They've listened to enough Ekkaia, Alpinist, Requiem and the like and on this little 4 song platter they drop the gamut on us - everything from galloping D-Beat, ripping HC, charging crust riffs, leads, pounding beat downs, and did I mention pick slides?  Male and female vocals dropping passionate, relevant lyrics round it all out.  The jacket is screen printed on hand cut waste paper to reduce resource use and its a split label effort with IFB, All We Know, Get Better, and Fill The Void.  $4

Recreant - s/t LP
Tampa's Recreant is a hardworking band with this, their first vinyl release. Recreant seamlessly blends a base of dark HC/crust with harsh late 90's style screamo. It has dark emotional power but never cease pounding with crushing heaviness and hints of metal from time to time. What really makes this band stand out is the violin work which really drives it along. This is not just the token violin note here and there to give it a an epic sound - this is a substantive addition to the sound and really adds power. The vocals are duel male/female harsh screams and totally make this perfect for me. These are screenprinted on inside out used record jackets to reduce resource use. This is a split release with IFB, Dingleberry, All We Know, and Panda Banda.  $9

Cloud Rat - Moksha LP (down to less than 40 copies of the first press)
This beast pummels away with hideous grinding HC filth and ups the ante of all their previous work. There's even some haunting singing (granted, it devolves into venomous fury but it's there and is really cool) and some dark instrumental work, diversifying the sound on the LP. This record is housed in another inside out used record sleeve to conserve resources and is screenprinted and re-glued. That makes it more punk and less hip which rules. Anyway, it's also a split release with Halo of Flies in the US and in Europe it will be released by React With Protest and 7 Degrees Records - Europeans check those labels.  $9

Parasitic Twins - s/t 7"
From Fort Wayne IN, Parasitic Twins play a style of HC rooted in the Black Flag/Poison Idea style with plenty of weird riffings going on - not at all run of the mill HC riffs. The vocals on top are tough as fuck with tons of anger as well as a fun mocking tone. Nate might be more pissed at our culture than I am. This is really, really good and is definitely worth supporting.
$4

Now here are a bunch of trades that I have been getting, some of which have been here a bit.  I have gotten very behind in getting the new stuff on the site - there's a great mix of stuff in this load for sure.

Maximum Rock N' Roll zine

#359 - w/ Sickoids, Hassler, Peruvian underground, No Bunny etc.  $4
#360 - w/ Stress, Nuclear Frost, Autonomy, Dead Air Studio etc.  $4

Adagio 830 / Vendetta Records - Germany

Hoax - Collection LP - pounding pissed HC, collects their 7"s.  $12
Reivers - s/t LP - Breakneck CA HC mem of Graf Orlock w/ female vox.  $12
Daitro - Vinyl Collected LP - has all their old vinyl releases.  $11
Indian Summer - s/t 12" - first 7" on a one sided clear LP w/ screenprinted b-side.  $10
Sed Non Satiata - s/t LP - excellent driving French emo.  $10
The Black Heart Rebellion - Har Nevo LP - $12
Sutekh Hexen - Empyraisch LP - noised out black mettal filth.  $12
Sinaloa - s/t 12" - excellend driving emo - one of my favorites for sure.  $10

Malokul Records

DOC (Disciples ofChrist)/Triac - LP - Mem. of Magrudergrind in DOC - powerviolence and fast mania.  $11
Callous - Mother//Sister 7" - Mix sludge and noise rock - like a sludgy Panzram - Very good.  $5

DeGraanrepubliek - Netherlands

Grinding Halt/Daighila 7" - Malaysian vs. Dutch vicious heavy HC/Screamo - ex Shikari.  $5
Grinding Halt/Brito - Crushing heavy Dutch hc/screamo vs. great 90's style Shotmaker-ish emo.  $11

Howling Mine

Subservient Fuck - Kill 7" - Raw ass mean HC - think early Merkit.  $4
The Body - s/t LP - reissue of this overwhelming Rhode Island sludge - I've actually listened to this record a few times on 16 RPM - yikes.

All We Know Records

Baker Acted - Hours that Never Add Up to Comfort 7" - Ripping Miami hc/punk w/ female vocals.  $3

Shitty Present Records

Heats of Formation - Indoctrinates Blank 7" - Guitar/keyboard/vocals - raw 90's style emo genius - the Katz brothers kill it again.  $4
Book Slave - Sentinal of Shit 7" - think Indian Summer with no drums - RULES - if you like raw 90'sish emo, this is a killer.  $4

Shogun Records - France

Inservibles - s/t 7" - Ugly Mexican raw punk filth - RULES - get this one pronto.  $5

Prejudice Me Records

Cop Problem - s/t 7" - Ripping pissed heavy HC - female vox.  Excellent goods from Philly.  $4

Humans band

Humans - Milk Pond 7" - mem. of Rat Storm doing quirky post hc/punk from Bloomington.  $3
Humans - Ryan is Dead Cass. - mem. of Rat Storm doing quirky post hc/punk from Bloomington.  $3

Ranch Records

Cruddler - s/t Cass - Think poppy noise rock/noisy melodic punk - good stuff.  $3
Olive Drab - Girl Cass - Excellent raw melodic emo.  $3
Congenital Death - From my Hands 7" - Killer fastcore heartattack w/ female vox.  $3

Sleepinghouse Records

Endamori - s/t CD - dynamic TN screamo goods - ex Dolcim.  $4

Altar of Complaints - band

Altar of Complaints - s/t CD - TN screamo from Dolcim/Cease upon the Capitol - killer stuff.  $4

Kaos Kontrol - Finland

Hebosagil - Ura Cassette - Finnish driving sludge/noise punk goods.  $5
Solar Horn - Rebirth Ritual Cassette - Kind of a noise thing but w/ bass/drums/guitar etc. from Finland.  $5
Throat - Pee 7" - Really good ugly Finnish noise rock in the AmRep style.  $5

OK, that's it for now.  Upcoming releases are new Old Soul LP, Curmudgeon 12", and who knows.

Peace, Nevin