Steven Malkmus & the Jicks - Wig Out at Jagbags

http://www.amazon.com/Wig-Jagbags-Stephen-Malkmus-Jicks/dp/B00GMBQMI0/ref=tmm_vnl_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1389238192&sr=8-1

Any Malkmus fans pick this one up yet? it kinda blends the wandering feeling of the last record with some of the more classic Pavement songwriting. I dig it!

Edit: can a Mod correct my poor spelling of Stephen in the title? 

Mine's on the way, definitely looking forward to it. I still don't think he's topped the s/t and "Pig Lib" for solo stuff, but every album has at least a few great tracks. Even "Real Emotional Trash," which I really didn't like at first, sounded better when I listened again recently. ("Hopscotch Willy" has been in my head for days.) Anyway if this new one sounds like "Mirror Traffic," guess I'd better give that one another chance...

It has a lot of mirror traffic but something is different, it's a little more stretched out and jammy, without getting borderline prog like Emotional Trash.

I'm sad to say I liked the original vocals and lyrics for Houston Hades better than the album version. They've been playing it live for almost a year and I was so stoked on it.