Turntable Help - BSR 2260bx

So I've been reading into calibrating your record player with the counter weight and cartridge alignment and tracking pressure, so on and so forth. But with my turntable I don't have a counter weight, instead under the arm at the pivotal point is a spring attached to the arm. Does this serve the same purpose or should I be looking into a different method of setting this up?
It mostly does not help that I do not have the manual to this turntable to go through setting the turntable up, and I have not been able to find it online, but i have found information on my cartridge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

There's usually not much to easily adjust on pretty much all of BSR's production as it wasn't of the greatest quality unfortunately, they were the Crosleys Great Grandad

From memory some had some sort of adjustment on the side of the arm at the pivot point for counter weight but a lot didn't as you were not meant to change the cartridge so would not need to change anything.

Most people back in the day just selotaped a penny to the headshell, definitely not to be advised but it was common practice and wore out more records than anything else.

As to documentation they were made in their millions and pretty much every low end music centre and record player used a variant of it so it shouldn't be that hard to find info on it.

That was a much more helpful answer to get on such an old record player, thank you very much!
Yes your correct, there is a anti-skating and a adjustment knob on the pivot point (to be exact, this is exactly what i have http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=1456&image_id=22731)
but instead of a "weight" persay, there is a spring under the arm that would load or pull off weight from the record. Atleast I can only assume that's what it is there for.

yes that's the beastie and from memory you are correct it adds tension as such so really isn't as accurate as a weight and I would guess with time will change.

As I say they were very common so finding literature shouldn't be difficult, try finding names of kit they were fitted in then get the literature for that if you can't find one for it on it's own.