WTB: The Graduate- Only Every Time

Princess Logan

I assume that you want a copy you can actually listen to, but if for some reason you don't, I'll send you my copy that has a giant scratch (I honestly don't know how it got there) in the middle of "Permanent Tourists" for the cost of shipping.

Either way, I'm in the same boat as you.  I love this record, and I'm really bummed that I can only listen to one side of it.

It is pretty terrible.  I didn't even realize these were hard to find until very recently when I started looking for a replacement.  There's one on Amazon $118, which I assumed was absurd, but maybe it's not if they never show up on Ebay or anything.

I also kick myself occasionally for not buying the CD for $2 in a Hot Topic that was closing a few years ago.  Even that is like $16 on Amazon now.

EDIT: I put my copy on again because I got a new turntable since the last time I tried to listen to it. I didn't think that would make a difference, but it played right through the spot that used to have a terrible skip with only a couple tiny pops! It's a Christmas miracle. 

Best of luck in your search!

I have a letter and a few photographs from their Kickstarter, maybe we can make a circle of candles and perform a ritual. It seems like the only reasonable answer to this dilemma we're currently faced with.

You might have missed my edit to my previous post, but I put my copy on my new turntable just for kicks, and it pretty much played through the part that used to have a giant skip on my old table!  No idea what the difference is, but I'm happy.

That said, I will definitely help you with any Graduate-related ritual.  I really do hope you can find a copy soon, and I'll let you know if I see any posts about one around the web.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...