Please Help! And no laughing because I am old.

Okay, I am far better at buying records than working the internet, so hold your laughter and please help. So how the hell am I supposed to post pictures into a message on this here message board? I have a snapfish account that I created to aid in the process (or hinder, what the hell do I know...I'm old!!). Do I just copy the web address for the picture into the message? Stop laughing at me!!! Do I have to swear at my computer louder?

I was trolling in some sort of help section and that made it seem like whatever html file tag you use would have to end in an image suffix (i.e. .jpg, .gif, etc...) When I look at my picture on snapfish (and I assure you it is a moderately great picture) I don't see the file suffix. I just see a real long url. Yes I said both HTML and URL in the same paragraph. No I do not know what they mean. Am I retarded on top of old? I know this can't be difficult. I just want to post pictures so I can be a show off like everyone else. Please advise.

I haven't tried to change the sig yet. What I typed for the image didn't show up in the previous post text. it was

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=222513361/PictureID=4893030914/a=104049545_104049545/t_=104049545

I just copied that straight from snapfish.

it had img on the left and right respectively. no space between the g and ]

Guest scriptedrain

I think the problem is with Snapfish. It should give you a link that ends in .jpg or .gif or .bmp. It's giving a link that ends in numbers instead because they want people to actually go to Snapfish to view the picture.

You had the right idea though.

Guest scriptedrain
I see the link to the website, but really I just want to post the raw image. I just uploaded it to snapfish thinking that was the best way to do it. Is there a better way than using snapfish?

I use Photobucket. That will host your pictures and give you a link that will be just the picture. I've used it to post pictures on here using that code before.

Now I just see a question mark where the image should be. Stupid Safari browser. I copied this from the website and then added the appropriate HTML tags. Without that space.

[img ]http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/huskyd/records/?action=view&current=DSC_0001.jpg[/img]

Is that correct? Is it Safari that sucks? I wouldn't think so since I can see other folks pictures.

And thanks for the complement.

Guest scriptedrain

Yeah, there's a few different links on the right side and you want to select the Direct Link. You were selecting the top one that says something about Sharing.