The Sound Of Moog

I just got this email and thought I would share it with everyone.

2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the first modular voltage-controlled synthesizer, an instrument that forever changed the course of modern music.  Today, on May 23rd, Moog Music celebrates what would have been the 80th birthday of this unique instrument’s inventor, Dr. Robert Moog, by transforming our newly renovated space at 170 Broadway Street into a free public gallery and photo exhibit.

Photos of the early years of the Moog synthesizer’s inception [1964 – 1970] will give a view into one of the music industry’s most important innovations and the man that pioneered it. The free exhibition will run daily from 4:00 – 6:00PM [M – F]. The exhibit will close on June 23, 2014.

Visitors to the exhibition will also have the chance to receive* The Sound of Moog, a 45-inch vinyl re-pressing demonstrating the sounds of the Moog modular made by Chris Swansen. Originally on flexi-disc, this recording wad included with with the early Moog modulars.

*While supplies last.

http://www.moogmusic.com/news/early-years-moog-synthesizer