Tor Johnson Records in 2014: Weak Teeth/Late Bloomer/Bloodpheasant/etc

torpaul

• damn, this year has been insane. haven't posted as much as i usually do, so i figured i'd make a year-end post for anyone who's interested. this year we did more releases than we ever have and it looks like 2015 isn't going to slow down one bit. so, thanks to anyone who has supported us in one way or the other this year. if you are interested in checking out any of our releases you can stream them at http://torjohnsonrecords.bandcamp.com [torjohnsonrecords.bandcamp.com] » . we already have 2-3 7"s, an LP, and hopefully the Moment 2xLP discography that we've been hinting at for years slated for 2015...so looks like another banner year!

here's what we released this year for anyone interested:

Alpha Owl - 3-Song EP Cass. (Sabbath-y riffs from mem. Weak Teeth, Learn, Hulk Out, Best Practices, etc. comes with a hand letter-pressed jacket with gold leaf accents!)

Bloodpheasant - Traum LP (swamp-y, folk-y, metal from mem. Two Funerals and more)

Late Bloomer - Things Change LP (catch-y hook driven rock ala 90s Sub-Pop/Superchunk/Dino J)

Death To Tyrants - "untitled" 7" (back with new music for the first time in over 6 years. this 3 song EP picks up perfectly with their own brand of instrumental post-hardcore)

Weak Teeth - So You've Ruined Your Life LP (their own brand of "emo-damaged hardcore", this record is brimming with socio-political punk and exactly what was needed in this year)

Lunglust - As Guilt Collects Dust Cass. (Boston long running progressive hardcore/metal band's first ever physical release! in your face gritty head banging music you expect to come out of beantown)