Two Boys Alright - Hazy Realms cassette out now! (EIAFUAWN, Duster)

http://www.collective-zine.co.uk/reviews/?id=9945

"The Two Boys Alright demo and follow up EP showed signs of promise without being consistently good. This has been put right here. 'Possessed' is a fantastic opener, with the fuzzy guitar and Clay Parton's vocals really hitting home and reminding just how good he is at making music. I should add that Yôni Kifle is also in the band and plays his part. The riff that plays out the song is perfect. This leads into 'Into Orbit', a simple affair with a repetitive nature that occasionally diverts into a beautiful and more melodic passage where Clay sings 'come with me... into orbit', reminiscent of both Duster and Breasts.

'Hazy Realms' feels like an interlude, as does the song after to be honest, but then the fantastic 'Made of Hair' returns. What a song. 'Cosmodrome' ends the EP in short but sweet fashion. The organ pedals are in full effect here. Overall, a great EP."

Woah, didn't expect to see this on here. I got my copy in a few days ago. Great album. I highly suggest anyone reading this to give every one of Clay's musical projects a listen. Easily one of my favorite musicians out there. This tape sounds like Duster 2.0.

They posted a review today as well!

"Regular readers to my ramblings will remember my constant endless and boring waffle about how good the EIAFUAWN album from last year was. Really, truly ...check it out. It’s marvellous.

The reason I bring it up is that Two Boys Alright contain members of that an amazing band and produce a sound that is not that far removed. They are obviously in love with the same early '90’s mystery rock as me, opener ‘Possessed’ is driven along on a fantastic Sonic Youth like riff - its murky as if its been dug up and is full of spoil. These chunky riffs and plaintive vocal delivery were also a feature of Lou Barlow’s early Sentridoh/Sebadoh stuff. The ramshackle lo-fi ‘Into Orbit’ kinda recalls that first Soft Walls tape.

The remainder of the tape follows similar murky territory with nods to Bedhead (‘Broadcast From The Halycon Void’) and Atlas Sound (‘Made of Hair’). A wonderfully distorted sloth of a record."