VVHILE - More LP + der Faden (ex-Statues) - Best Guess 7"

Out now on Dirt Cult

VVHILE - More LP

VVhile is duo from Belgrade, Serbia formed in May, 2011. The band is Stevan Cirovic on drums and vocals and Andrija Spicanovic on guitar and vocals. The band plays atmospheric, psychedelic, and shoegazey rock reminiscent of early Ride or My Bloody Valentine, all the while remaining rooted in their hardcore pasts.

Buy: dirtcultrecords.com

Stream/download: dirtcultrecords.bandcamp.com/album/more

STATUES - Best Guess b/w Filaments

Several years ago I sent Rob from Statues (Deranged Records) an unsolicited e-mail praising his band and essentially begging him to allow me to put out a record. A few months later, I had the pleasure of meeting Rob in Ottawa, Canada while on tour with my band Low Culture, and had the bittersweet experience of watching Statues play their last ever show. Rob apologized and explains that the band would obviously not have any new material for a Dirt Cult release. A few years later, I met up with Rob again and he briefly told me about a new band he had started with his fiancé Sarah (The Johnnies) and he would send me the tracks. A few weeks later, he sent me the two songs that appear on this 7” – and the rest is history as they say. 

der Faden plays powerful and catchy power pop, and these two songs are frankly either 1) better than anything Statues has ever done (which is saying a lot!) or 2) the best thing Rob has done since Statues fantastic “New People Make Me Nervous” LP. What can we say? We’re super excited about this 7” and hope that the world enjoys it as much as we do.

Buy: dirtcultrecords.com

Stream/Download: dirtcultrecords.bandcamp.com/album/best-guess-b-w-filaments