PO: (The Walkmen's) Hamilton Leithauser and Paul Maroon - Dear God -Vinly only release through Etsy

Vinyl only release through Etsy.  Two versions...one is the vinyl record.  The Deluxe Version is the record, but they will Hand Deliver it to your door if you live in certain areas (classic!)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/239976200/dear-god-vinyl-record-150-gram?ref=listing-shop-header-0

"Dear God" by Hamilton Leithauser & Paul Maroon will be available here exclusively. It is printed on 150 gram vinyl. It is available now for pre-order. It will be mailed to you in late August (more exact date to come soon). You can only buy it here. This is the only place you can buy the record.

A message from Paul...

"Hamilton and I are happy to announce our new record, Dear God, a collection of 9 originals and 4 covers.

Come join us, dear listener. Meet Proud Irene as we give her an unsolicited lecture. Stroll down Utica Avenue because we’ve given up on the bus coming. Feel your heart break as Trudy Dies. Drift in and out during Light sleeper. Joylessly pound beers on Dad is Drunk. Fall, once again, for Annie's transparent bullshit because you’re still loaded from Dad is Drunk on Annie’s gonna sing her song. And that’s just the first side.

The covers on Dear God are by Don Gibson, Will Oldham, Tom Paxton and VF Stewart. As for the originals, Ham and I have been writing songs by exchanging recordings every few days for the past 15 years. Sometimes these come together as songs with a full band. Other times, like two dogs chasing a neighbor's car, we hopelessly pursue what we liked about the original recordings, never to catch and, I guess, eat it. We often still think of the songs in their original form, as initial musical ideas put down on tape and shuffled back and forth between us. With Dear God, we wanted to make a record of songs the way we initially hear them.

Dear God is being released on vinyl only via our mail-order site. A deluxe version of the record will also be available, which will be the same as the regular version, except hand delivered anywhere in Brooklyn or Washington DC by Hamilton or myself. It’ll be an extra fifteen bucks and we’re not gonna get out of the car. And we won’t have any cash so don’t rob us unless you want a shit ton of Dear God records. Also, at some point almost immediately we will “run out” of deluxe versions. So hurry.

Fondly,

Paul and Ham

il_570xN.799745006_73bx.jpg

il_570xN.799747148_81dt.jpg

Here was their post about the "Deluxe Version:

"Dear God" by Hamilton Leithauser & Paul Maroon. This is the exact same thing as the other "Dear God" listing, but will be hand-delivered to your door by either Hamilton Leithauser (in the greater NYC area) or Paul Maroon (in the greater Baltimore-Washington area). I think this is probably an extremely limited edition. Available now for pre-order. Orders will go out at the end of August (more exact date to come).

IMPORTANT: we will only be able to hand-deliver these in the NYC, Baltimore, and DC areas.

• 3 months later...