john vanderslice

i find i'm real hard-pressed to find people that enjoy him anywhere near as much as i do. i introduce people to him, and they like it, but they're so ho-hum. or people just don't find anything special about him.

how do you feel about him? I mean, my opinion is bias, I think, as I think he's the most human person I've ever met, and I'm not big into meeting performers, and what not. People are people, however a lot of performers have some ego, not always a bad thing, but you know what i mean. this guy was just so fucking real and wanted to know about us and who we were.

I also think that he's an incredible overall artist, so I'm just curious, why in a world full of music that's similar, and a lot of mediocre, why he seems to get so little recognition. seems to me if you like a style of music, you'd go looking for more like that. I don't know.

Thoughts?

i find i'm real hard-pressed to find people that enjoy him anywhere near as much as i do.

I hear that. I love John Vanderslice, and I really feel like he does not get the recognition he deserves.

I am bummed that I still haven't been able to see him live, since every time he seems to do a show near me, it's at a time when I can't make it.