PO Now: Helen Marnie "Strange Words and Weird Wars"

Didn't see anything posted about this but Helen Marnie's (the singer from Ladytron) second solo album is shipping a little over a month from now and thought there might be a few interested fans here!

There are a few singles up on Youtube at the moment, so if you're a fan of hers or Ladytron or just synth/pop/shoegaze-y stuff you should check them out.

Pre-Order Link

• 1 year later...

I picked up the clear vinyl edition last year and am very impressed by it...probably my favorite new release of 2017 and I'm still playing it frequently a year later. To me it holds up just as well as her work with Ladytron, which is high praise. While it does feature a more pop-oriented and perhaps more accessible sound overall, it's still not too far removed from her music with the band either, and it is just as layered and engaging to reward repeated listening. The same knack for crafting memorable melodic hooks framed with sleek synth textures that brought attention to Ladytron is evident here. If it's less experimental and more focused on the traditional pop-song structure, it certainly doesn't suffer at all as a result. While I'm looking forward to the next Ladytron album currently in the works, I will gladly continue to support Marnie's solo releases as well based on the strength of her first two solo releases!