Kay Kay Party Denver Monday,Aug 11th @ 3 kings

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

That's right, Seattles own Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground will be embarking on their first National tour. They are starting their tour in Denver, Colorado, and will be in town the night before the tour starts with Portugal the Man and Rx Bandits on Tuesday, August 12th. Since we are so excited to have them on our home turf, we have set up a party at our favorite bar, 3 Kings Tavern. So on Monday, August 11th, Kay Kay will be playing a free show/party and their set will be more of a jam session which could possibly include a set with Wild Orchid Children since they share the same members. I also spoke to our friends in Portugal the Man and as fate would have it, they are gonna be in town for the party as well. I might ask them to do a DJ set.

The party is free and happens to fall on 3 Kings' Panties on the Bar which is a burlesque night where the bartenders work in their undies. Should make for an interesting night and I hope all of you can make it.

Come both nights as Kay Kay will be playing 1st out of 3 the next night when they open up for Portugal and Rx Bandits at the Marquis Theater. They will play a normal set that night.

We should have copies of their new 7", "Diggin" in stock for the party and the show, too!

Recap of the Kay Kay / Suburban Home party:

When: Monday, August 11th, 2008

Where: 3 Kings Tavern, 60 South Broadway

What: Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground jam session/party

Recap of the Rx Bandits / Portugal the Man / Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground show

When: Tuesday, August 12th, 2008

Where: Marquis Theater (20th and Larimer)

What: Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground opening up for Portugal the Man and Rx Bandits

If you want to see one of the greatest new bands on the planet, make it out for 1 or better yet both nights. You will be so glad you did!