Austin Lucas posts "Life I've Got" on Myspace

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Suburban Home's Austin Lucas has been busy recording his debut album for us, "Somebody Loves You" which we are looking to release in March. Although the album is not completed, he has posted a track from the record, "Life I've Got". All the roughs I have received sound absolutely amazing. This new album is gonna knock some socks off of you all. Stop by Austin's Myspace http://www.myspace.com/austinlucas1 to check out the song and while there check out some of his upcoming tour dates which include dates with the Takers, Kevin Seconds, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Joey Cape, Jon Snodgrass, and more.

Austin wanted to clear up a few things about his last release, "At War with Freak Folk" and his upcoming new album, "Somebody Loves You":

so some folks have brought it up to me about how the song "life I've got" which I posted last night on myspace is also on the "at war with freak folk" 10" and I just wanted to shed some light for anyone wondering what is up with that. firstly, "at war" was meant to be a european only release of only 500 copies and a teaser of sorts for what was to come with the next full length.. truthfully I wanted to get out the batch of songs onto a release where I was playing on my own doing live takes with just guitar and voice.. I hadn't done a release like that before as I always have my family playing all over everything with me... anyway, I always knew that some of the songs on "at war" would make it onto the next record as I wouldn't dream of denying those songs the touches my family would eventually put onto them.. that being said, there are 4 songs of the 6 from "at war" featured on the new "somebody loves you record".. there are also another 7 songs contained which is one less than my last full length "putting the hammer down".

anyway, I hope that clarifies things a bit and helps everyone with any confusion that may have been floating around.. cheers everyone and I hope you are all well during the holidays.. love, austin

Somebody Loves You will be one of the best records of '09

I could not agree more with you. The roughs sound incredible.

And we have some really sweet split 7"s in the works for Austin in 2009, too. Gonna be a good year.