Paypal dispute problems!

woolage

I think it's really shitty to have someones money for 2 weeks before posting, if you aren't in a position to ship something promptly you shouldn't be selling it, you've got no-one but yourself to blame for the paypal dispute.
This Is Very correct! 2 weeks is a very long time to ship a record. Why Sell someone something if you cant or don't know when you can ship it. If you rely on other people then get that straight. It may be mean and kind of heartless but i don't think 13 year olds should be selling records when they don't have money or means to ship it.

I ALWAYS Ship within a week or a week and a half and i always notify people. It's not hard to get to the post.

I think it's really shitty to have someones money for 2 weeks before posting, if you aren't in a position to ship something promptly you shouldn't be selling it, you've got no-one but yourself to blame for the paypal dispute.
This Is Very correct! 2 weeks is a very long time to wait for a record. Why Sell someone something if you cant or don't know when you can ship it. If you rely on other people then get that straight. It may be mean and kind of heartless but i don't think 13 year olds should be selling records when they don't have money or means to ship it.

Hahaha. Ok, this is the best one!

People on this board seem some of the most judgemental and unfriendly people involved in buying / trading records. I think this will be the last record I sell through here.

Im sorry that when i buy something i expect it to be shipped. I dont like want to wait. Call me impatient but if you are selling something then ship it. Adam Muzzy has tons of records that i'd like to buy but im sick of the stories of people waiting 2 months. Man up and ship things out or dont sell them. But in the same right as you said before shit happens, and 2 weeks for an over seas package to arrive isnt bad at all. I've waited alot longer but 2 weeks for it to be shipped is not good.

Im sorry that when i buy something i expect it to be shipped. I dont like want to wait. Call me impatient but if you are selling something then ship it. Adam Muzzy has tons of records that i'd like to buy but im sick of the stories of people waiting 2 months. Man up and ship things out or dont sell them. But in the same right as you said before shit happens, and 2 weeks for an over seas package to arrive isnt bad at all. I've waited alot longer but 2 weeks for it to be shipped is not good.

Hang on mate. Don't get on your high horse and make assumptions about me based on one sale that hasn't gone 100% right. I've sold / traded a lot of records through Punktastic (UK), VLV and Collective Zine (as well as Ebay). Check with anyone on there and you will see that I ALWAYS ship quickly, using high quality packaging materials.

I don't feel I should have to explain my personal situation to you but there was a damn good reason for me not posting this lp quickly. However, I did the "manly" thing and explained the situation to the buyer. Being the understanding person he is he said he didn't mind. If he'd have asked for a refund I would have happily given him one.

I hate repeating myself but I am really surprised by the attitude of people on this board who have chosen to label me as a bad seller and an overall "flake". Gutted. :-[

if i can add my 2 cents.

essentially whats happened is that both sides have been really sound with each other however, due to a concern on the side of the buyer he chose to take out a claim. the problem though is that he didnt warn the seller of this/question the time.

i dont think i've had any record from an international seller arrive within 2 weeks. 20 days yes. but its more often that stuff takes over 3 weeks to get here. if the guy was concerned about it being lost then the first call would be to speak to the seller and explain his concern. if the dialogue had been solid etc then its hard to see why he couldnt take the word of the seller.

however in this world people do screw others over etc so he chose to cover himself, he should of explained his reasons first before lodging the file. if as a seller the first thing you hear about it is paypal advising you about a filed complaint, especially if you have done everything in your power and know its been sent, its a bit of a shock to the system and is going to wind you up.

we all buy stuff, we all want it with us as soon as possible. unfortunately mailorder etc means we cant have things in our hands instantly!

i personally think the record will turn up fine and from what i've read the buyer will revoke the file. he was covering his arse, yes but he should of said what he was going to do first to avoid the confusion/emotion that has been caused!

i'll stand by woolage. mans sound as a pound and i'd happily have faith in him to send me something!

hope that all makes sense. essentially a simple breakdown of communication! just gotta keep that up else this happens!

i'm gonna agree that i think two weeks to send something out is stupid. just like i think its ridiculous when a companies site says somethiing along the lines of "please allow 4-8 weeks for deliver, we're only humans..."

99% of sellers on the internet (stores and individuals) send stuff out in a timely fashion (couple of days) so why does that other 1% think they are justified in being lazy? and then they complain when they get called out for it?

i'm gonna agree that i think two weeks to send something out is stupid. just like i think its ridiculous when a companies site says somethiing along the lines of "please allow 4-8 weeks for deliver, we're only humans..."

99% of sellers on the internet (stores and individuals) send stuff out in a timely fashion (couple of days) so why does that other 1% think they are justified in being lazy? and then they complain when they get called out for it?

if your making a general statement then fair enough, however in this situation it was made perfectly clear that the seller was unable to send the record out in a quick time. he told the buyer this and the buyer accepted this.

its bollox that people are slack. but if there is genuine reason for delay then the benefit of the doubt should be given.

I sold a record ($80) to a guy in Florida through Ebay. 14 days after, he said he hadn't received it and he opens a claim. I also thought it was quite fast and that he could have waited a bit more. So I replied in the Paypal claim that I had the proof of postage. Anyway, the guy didn't give a shit so he took the next step and got a refund in no time. See, there's difference between proof of shipping (which in my case was the Custom Forms you need to fill, with the name and address of the buyer, the date it was shipped, the value, description and the Post Office stamp. So obviously I had the proof that I had sent a package to that guy). But Paypal don't take that has a proof. You absolutely need a Tracking Number or a way to prove that it go delivered or to at least know where it is (as mention in a previous post). Paypal took the money from my account. Thank god Canada Post offer a $100 insurance on all Airmail package! It took me 3 months, but I got my money back.

If I can also add my 2 cents on this current case.

I'm sure the buyer was fine with the Seller telling him that it would take a bit longer to ship. The problem is, the buyer only has 45 days to file a claim. It really doesn't matter why the seller took 2 weeks to ship (might be the best reason in the world...Paypal don't work that way. 45 days...is 45 days max). So yes, the Buyer could have sent a note to the Seller saying that hey, I'm sorry I'll have to open a claim in the next couples days if the record doesn't get here because I only have 45 days max I can wait. And to the Seller, even if you have the proof of postage, it doesn't matter if you show that to the buyer or not. (in this case I'm sure the buyer believes you when you say you shipped it). But again, 45 days is the max! He's just covering his ass which is the thing to do. After the claim is first made, there's still another 30 days (might even be more) to cancel it or move it to the next step of the refund. So if you did ship the record and it shows up within the next 30 days after the claim as been open, I'm sure the buyer will simply cancel his claim and everyone Will Live Happily Ever After! Not sure why we need 3 pages on this! (again, this is simply IMO).

20 days to ship anything is horrible, I would have filed a claim and let you negative feedback.

are you an idiot?

there were reasons for me taking this long to ship. i explained them to the buyer and he said he was cool with that. if he'd have wanted it, i would have given him a full refund. this was not an ebay transaction so feedback is irrelevant. would you file a claim against someone having a genuine reason for not posting straight away, even if he had been completely honest and up front with you?

too many judgemental, impatient and pretty stupid people post on this board. i'm not saying everyone is like this, far from it. i guess i'm just old fashioned when it comes to doing things - having a bit of faith and trust in people and giving them the benefit of the doubt when something goes a little tits up.

a lot of other people on this thread have made some good points, though. i accept that the guy is making the claim as a 'just in case' thing and completely understand why he's doing it. i over reacted when i saw the claim and for that i apologise. i'm not used to having things like this happen to me and didn't really know all the details of paypal disputes etc.

this thread has really opened my eyes about how certain people buy and trade records these days. maybe it's because i'm not a regular poster, i don't know.

20 days to ship anything is horrible, I would have filed a claim and let you negative feedback.

i guess i'm just old fashioned when it comes to doing things - having a bit of faith and trust in people and giving them the benefit of the doubt when something goes a little tits up.

this thread has really opened my eyes about how certain people buy and trade records these days. maybe it's because i'm not a regular poster, i don't know.

I think the simple fact that people have been ripped off so much lately kind of takes that patience and leniency and throws it out the window. I have alot of faith in people sending my records but I just got ripped off for the first time in 10 years, twice by 2 different people. I gave them the benifit of the doubt and i lost my money. Too late for paypal claims, so im out money and records. You did well by keeping communication but everyone who ripped me off did just the same. There are scetchy people and its nothing personal but no one can afford to lose money these day. But take it person by person, situation by situation because its all different.

When i first started trading and buying, there was no paypal. and I never got ripped off. But now that I have been and i have paypal, im not going to take advantage of it. I understand things happen in life, but at the same right I've heard it all before and No one wants to lose money/records.

If you don't like other peoples opinions you shouldn't ask for them!!

Making excuses doesn't get someone their record, I've been shafted a few times by accepting peoples excuses and then the records never turn up and then you're too late to claim. If someone really wants to dig up that old thread started about Rat Patrol Records, you could see what I mean, a lot of people on this board were given a lot of sob stories,accepted it and were very patient, but then they all lost a lot of money!!

Maybe because you're not a regular poster you've not built up enough trust with other users?, trading with someone you don't know, especially if you're thousands of miles away can be a nervous experience!!!

Salaho and Element 101 - i agree with you. I started buying / selling / trading records before PayPal too and in 10 years of doing so I've never had any problems with anyone. I've had a few close calls, had to wait months for packages to arrive etc, but in the end everything's turned out ok.

I guess we're coming from different perspectives but being a person who 99 times out of 100 always sends out his records within a few days, and having explained the details of this dispute over and over again, I'm still baffled by some of the responses I've received regarding this issue.

I really hope the record turns up soon - or boy will my face be red!?

Salaho and Element 101 - i agree with you. I started buying / selling / trading records before PayPal too and in 10 years of doing so I've never had any problems with anyone. I've had a few close calls, had to wait months for packages to arrive etc, but in the end everything's turned out ok.

I guess we're coming from different perspectives but being a person who 99 times out of 100 always sends out his records within a few days, and having explained the details of this dispute over and over again, I'm still baffled by some of the responses I've received regarding this issue.

Maybe you shouldn't have started this thread until everything was all said and done...then you wouldn't have been subjected to people's opinions. Personally, I ship everything out within 48 hours (usually 24) of payment. I live in walking distance to the post office and pass it every morning on my way to work. Yes, things happen and life catches up with you sometimes, but if someone sent you their hard-earned money for a record the onus is on you to ship it quickly and safely.

That said, you opened the door by starting this thread.

Maybe you shouldn't have started this thread until everything was all said and done...then you wouldn't have been subjected to people's opinions. Personally, I ship everything out within 48 hours (usually 24) of payment. I live in walking distance to the post office and pass it every morning on my way to work. Yes, things happen and life catches up with you sometimes, but if someone sent you their hard-earned money for a record the onus is on you to ship it quickly and safely.

That said, you opened the door by starting this thread.

Indeed. Again, I agree completely. I'm pleased I started this thread. I didn't know how PayPal disputes worked before this! It's also interesting to see peoples attitudes / opinions to buying and selling ;D

However, it's also highlighted some negative stuff. There are people on here I wouldn't sell to or trade with in a million years! ::)

However, it's also highlighted some negative stuff. There are people on here I wouldn't sell to or trade with in a million years! ::)

That's really too bad. There are a lot of great traders, sellers and buyers around here. You can't blame people for expecting something they pay for to ship quickly. You'd expect the same if you were waiting on something, right? If I paid for something and its bording on the 45 day deadline to file a claim, I'm going to file it regardless of the situation. If the record arrives, I will cancel. It's just protection from getting ripped off.

That's really too bad. There are a lot of great traders, sellers and buyers around here. You can't blame people for expecting something they pay for to ship quickly. You'd expect the same if you were waiting on something, right? If I paid for something and its bording on the 45 day deadline to file a claim, I'm going to file it regardless of the situation. If the record arrives, I will cancel. It's just protection from getting ripped off.

I'm not talking about the guy who filed the claim. I'd sell to / trade with him again for sure. I don't blame people for expecting something they pay for to arrive quickly, either. Why would I? What I do expect, however, is a bit of trust and people to give you the benefit of the doubt if something goes wrong. I believe that I did everything I could to explain to the buyer of this record that I wouldn't be able to ship for a while and like I say, there was a very good reason. What bothers me is that some people on here can't seem to get their head around that.

There seems to be a very negative attitude to new people on the board. I've never been called a 13 year old before anyway. I'm 25 for god's sake! :)

My story: Because one whiny-ass Australian complained about a 10-year old used cd taking 3 weeks to get delivered, I have shut off the continent and will not send there anymore. But kind of what would you expect from a E6'er.

All this in spite the fact they paid by a check that took 10 days to clear (on Christmas Eve no less) for a total sale of $25, and I sent it international.

The result was I put them on my "banned bidders" list and left positive feedback saying the buyer was a tool and to stay away.

got the record today. arrived in great packaging. good condition. apology note for late shipment. alls cool on my end. the post office never sent me a postal card so they had it for two weeks before they sent me a final notice. it arrived there on the 16th. 11 days after being sent. damn post office. next time something similar happens ill handle it a little better. this guy is cool so dont be worried about buying from him

got the record today. arrived in great packaging. good condition. apology note for late shipment. alls cool on my end. the post office never sent me a postal card so they had it for two weeks before they sent me a final notice. it arrived there on the 16th. 11 days after being sent. damn post office. next time something similar happens ill handle it a little better. this guy is cool so dont be worried about buying from him

thanks man. glad you got it okay. sorry if i came across as a bit of a dick. enjoy the lp!

james