Harvest of Hope

Yeah, the food wasn't horribly overpriced. Lots of good choices, too.

The sound on the two larger stages was really good, and it wasn't bad on the two small stages either. They were perfectly spaced out, too.

Attendance seemed to be solid, but there was more than enough space to roam around which was good.

Security seemed to become tighter as the weekend wore on, and by Sunday it was pretty tight. One guard was forcibly pushing crowd surfers out of the barricaded area as they came to him while Gaslight was playing, which seemed a little unnecessary to me. There were plenty of police around, too, but I only saw a couple of guys being taken away by them, and one of them was trying to jump onstage. Overall, they didn't seem too bad, but then again, I wasn't acting like a drunken asshole.

I stayed a hotel and don't regret my decision at all. Camping seemed pretty bogus, and the stories I've heard here and elsewhere seem to confirm my worst fears.

I thought they were giving out way too many photo passes by Saturday; it was damn-near impossible to move around in the pit between the stage and the crowd for a few of the band's sets, especially Bouncing Souls (who as it turns out, are kind of a boring band to photograph in the first place). Credentials weren't being checked; all you had to do was ask for one, pretty much. Weird.

This really crusty looking, barefoot girl was trying to steal out of my backpack while I was taking pictures of imadethismistake, but pretty much everyone else I talked to was really nice and didn't try to steal from me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great time. Some memorable experiences included Tim Barry coming down to the crowd to sing his last song as they cut his sound at 11, against me being upstaged by a three year old girl dancing next to Tom Gabel, and Fake Problems w/ a couple BTMI people finished the weekend for me. I also met Austin Lucas and Kylewilliam who were both great guys and had sweet sets.

I camped and had a pretty good time, although I was surrounded by a big group of dead heads and some kids who looked like they were 15 and just drank in their tent. My friends and I mostly kept to ourselves and had no issues, although if we went down again I think we'd get a hotel as the 12 hour drive home sucked after camping for three days.