Capital 'Blind Faith' 7" now available!

[image]

Now available is Capital's 'Blind Faith' 7", a record about religion, corporate greed, and personal politics. With honest and relatable lyrics and fast, driven music what more could you ask for? That's not even mentioning all the ex/current member lists you can make.

Back in 2006 Capital released their debut on Iron Pier and dropped their sophomore on the mighty REV. This time around Iron Pier and Just A Audial have joined teams to bring these neglected and unheard songs to the world.

The record comes on three varieties of limited color vinyl and includes a redeemable mp3 download. Currently available for mailorder through Interpunk, Very, RevHQ, Iron Pier, Just A Audial, and through other distributors soon. Available digitally at Amazon, iTunes, eMusic and other download sites. Distribution by RevDistribution and VeryDistro.

Mailorder and full-record streaming at: http://www.ironpier.net and http://www.justaaudial.net

Upcoming Capital dates with Sick of it All - 6/18 in Philadelphia and 6/20 in New York. Capital and Soul Control in Long Island 6/19.

Reviews:

Tommy Corrigan does no wrong. Silent Majority was an amazing and completely underrated band. Blood Red was an outstanding and original sounding group. And his most recent music endeavor Capital is all of those in one. Capital's sound is fresh and nostalgic at the same time. Blind Faith is a 7” of the songs from a once-planned split with Crime in Stereo. Said split eventually fell by the wayside. The Crime in Stereo songs ended up on a b-sides collection while the Capital songs began to fade away until Iron Pier and Jus a Audial got a hold of them.

“Out of Business” is a Long Island hardcore jam from start to finish. The music is fast and aggressive and yet it is also melodic. The bass tones on the song are awesome and had me thinking back to the mid-90's; like I said, Capital's music is nostalgic. “Blind Faith” is more of the same. The guitars are warm and have a definite Quicksand-inspired sound. The rhythm section is just as vibrant as the guitars. They are upbeat and energize the listener.

The vocals and lyrics of Corrigan are earnest and deeply thought out; reading along, you can tell that every word is written with care and sung with the utmost meaning. For example on “Out of Business” he takes on the corporate music world:

The market plan didn't call for an outcry / You didn't count on the kids growing up / You can only water it down for so long / Now the well has dried up.

As a treat Capital takes on Dag Nasty's “I've Heard” and they do a spectacular job. Usually bands covering artists they are often compared ends up bad for everyone, but that's not the case here.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're glad to finally have these songs. The initial delay and then the subsequent limbo of these songs are tragic. Even with the time delay these songs are worth the wait; they are pure bliss. Pick this 7” up now or you'll be missing out.

http://www.scenepointblank.com

As a fan of literally everything aspect of Tommy Corrigan (ex-Silent Majority) has ever done I have a bit of a bone to pick with him and his cohorts in Capital. Both of the band’s previous records Homefront and Signal Corps, were powerful slabs of melodic hardcore fury, but they lacked a specific something special, an instantly mixtape worthy song that you could play your friends for obvious conversion to the faithful fan base. Apparently they were hiding those songs in a vault somewhere for a split with Crime in Stereo. A split that never came out.

Now, after at least a year and a half since I first heard about that split these songs have finally seen the light of day, and Blind Faith surpasses any of my expectations. The three songs on this 7” kick off with “Out of Business,” a spiteful bit of throw back 80’s hardcore that brings to mind early Bad Religion covering Black Flag while preaching a parable about the self induced fall of the recording industry.

The merry circle pit continues with the title track, one of the nicest punk songs I’ve ever heard to tackle the point of view of atheists who’re asked “how do you know there isn’t a god?” Equally thoughtful and raging, “Blind Faith” succeeds by musically paying homage to Dag Nasty while not resorting to over simplified personal attacks against Christians. The Dag Nasty-ness doesn’t stop there though, as the band closes things out with a simply brutal cover of the band’s song “I’ve Heard.” Some songs are so good they don’t need to be reworked much when they’re covered and “I’ve Heard” falls into that camp. Capital simply let the song stand on its own merits, with only a little splash of Long Island hardcore aggression added to show someone else is performing. Capital does more with two originals, a cover, and eight minutes than most other punk bands this year have with whole records. This 7” will set you back less than six dollars. Your turntable will thank you for your purchase.

7.5 out of 10

RIYL: Silent Majority, Black Flag, Bad Religion, Dag Nasty.

http://mammothpress.com

Reviews:

Tommy Corrigan does no wrong. Silent Majority was an amazing and completely underrated band. Blood Red was an outstanding and original sounding group. And his most recent music endeavor Capital is all of those in one. Capital's sound is fresh and nostalgic at the same time. Blind Faith is a 7” of the songs from a once-planned split with Crime in Stereo. Said split eventually fell by the wayside. The Crime in Stereo songs ended up on a b-sides collection while the Capital songs began to fade away until Iron Pier and Jus a Audial got a hold of them.

“Out of Business” is a Long Island hardcore jam from start to finish. The music is fast and aggressive and yet it is also melodic. The bass tones on the song are awesome and had me thinking back to the mid-90's; like I said, Capital's music is nostalgic. “Blind Faith” is more of the same. The guitars are warm and have a definite Quicksand-inspired sound. The rhythm section is just as vibrant as the guitars. They are upbeat and energize the listener.

The vocals and lyrics of Corrigan are earnest and deeply thought out; reading along, you can tell that every word is written with care and sung with the utmost meaning. For example on “Out of Business” he takes on the corporate music world:

The market plan didn't call for an outcry / You didn't count on the kids growing up / You can only water it down for so long / Now the well has dried up.

As a treat Capital takes on Dag Nasty's “I've Heard” and they do a spectacular job. Usually bands covering artists they are often compared ends up bad for everyone, but that's not the case here.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're glad to finally have these songs. The initial delay and then the subsequent limbo of these songs are tragic. Even with the time delay these songs are worth the wait; they are pure bliss. Pick this 7” up now or you'll be missing out.

http://www.scenepointblank.com

As a fan of literally everything aspect of Tommy Corrigan (ex-Silent Majority) has ever done I have a bit of a bone to pick with him and his cohorts in Capital. Both of the band’s previous records Homefront and Signal Corps, were powerful slabs of melodic hardcore fury, but they lacked a specific something special, an instantly mixtape worthy song that you could play your friends for obvious conversion to the faithful fan base. Apparently they were hiding those songs in a vault somewhere for a split with Crime in Stereo. A split that never came out.

Now, after at least a year and a half since I first heard about that split these songs have finally seen the light of day, and Blind Faith surpasses any of my expectations. The three songs on this 7” kick off with “Out of Business,” a spiteful bit of throw back 80’s hardcore that brings to mind early Bad Religion covering Black Flag while preaching a parable about the self induced fall of the recording industry.

The merry circle pit continues with the title track, one of the nicest punk songs I’ve ever heard to tackle the point of view of atheists who’re asked “how do you know there isn’t a god?” Equally thoughtful and raging, “Blind Faith” succeeds by musically paying homage to Dag Nasty while not resorting to over simplified personal attacks against Christians. The Dag Nasty-ness doesn’t stop there though, as the band closes things out with a simply brutal cover of the band’s song “I’ve Heard.” Some songs are so good they don’t need to be reworked much when they’re covered and “I’ve Heard” falls into that camp. Capital simply let the song stand on its own merits, with only a little splash of Long Island hardcore aggression added to show someone else is performing. Capital does more with two originals, a cover, and eight minutes than most other punk bands this year have with whole records. This 7” will set you back less than six dollars. Your turntable will thank you for your purchase.

7.5 out of 10

RIYL: Silent Majority, Black Flag, Bad Religion, Dag Nasty.

http://mammothpress.com

stoked you liked the review

I think we all did it for the same reason, to sell copies. A positive review of a punk record happens a lot, but there are a bunch of SM fans who don't know about Capital and if we can convince one more person to check it out based on that it totally makes sense. :) I love your bass drum pattern on the second song though dude. :)

I think we all did it for the same reason, to sell copies. A positive review of a punk record happens a lot, but there are a bunch of SM fans who don't know about Capital and if we can convince one more person to check it out based on that it totally makes sense. :) I love your bass drum pattern on the second song though dude. :)

yeah, I feel SM was/is a band people still find out about.

Thanks for the kind words! we just started jamming the first riff to our 16th new song...so a new record is well on its way.

Thanks for the kind words! we just started jamming the first riff to our 16th new song...so a new record is well on its way.

so pumped about that man, i can't wait

true dat. its weird though. tons of people in my little Tn town love them. also I posted under the wife's account there. sorry! can't wait to hear a new record.