Lighten Up "Absolutely Not" - Jump Start Records

The debut full-length from this Philly four-piece. Fast and fun hardcore punk rock that's quick to remind us of what was so fresh and exciting about punk rock in the first place. Not simply a throwback to bands like Bad Brains and Minor Threat, Lighten Up's tongue and cheek delivery and wit is amped up by rapid fire song after song. What more could you ask for in a record that covers 12 songs in just over 17 minutes?

First pressing of 300 comes on aqua blue vinyl and includes a digital download coupon for the entire LP!

Track Listing:

1. Invisible Checks

2. Reality World

3. Bet II 4. Negative Equity

5. Bozy II Wolves

6. Born to Perspire

7. Life on Earth

8. Dolphins are Sharks With a Good Publicist

9. Butt-Speak

10. I Don't Think So, Tim

11. Absolutely Not

12. Personality Implants

Full stream available here - http://www.jumpstartrecords.com/v3/main.php

[image]

[image]

[image]

I recieved this today after ordering it on Tuesday of last week. For international shipping that is fantastic. So well done to whoever at Jump Start Records for that. Fantastic album i thought. Short, fast. In the vein of NMDS and Western Addiction. Im sures theres better comparisons and more accurate descriptions i could make, but either way, this shit rocks. Looks great too. Artwork by Horsebites. Really glad i picked it up. Check it out guys!

• 7 months later...

BUMP

I just read in an email from Jump Start Records today that i won a test pressing of this record. I dont remember entering any sort of competition but im still glad i won one. A great record.

Yeah dude! I sent out the test press on Friday. I included a little note. You entered the contest by buying the album from us. We just decided to show our appreciation to two lucky people. I actually included a hand written note, explaining all of this but now that cat is out of the bag!

the test press giveaway was announced, at least i'm almost certain, through our mailing list way back when the record went up for pre-sales. was forever ago, but to say we've been dealing with some shit would be an understatement. glad you like the record, jeremy. thanks for picking up a copy.

also, just a quick FYI, the test presses look just like the full-length color-wise. first time i've ever had a plant send me full color test presses!