STAY ALIVE "Vinyl For My Friends" 7" gold vinyl

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

STAY ALIVE "Vinyl For My Friends" 7" gold vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/VCTSE01-7

"Formed in the Spring of 2006, the members of Stay Alive, based in southern Brooklyn, NY, came together to play the type of melodic hardcore / punk that they missed hearing. The name, Stay Alive, simple and straightforward, served as a note to self for the band members. We’re getting older – 26-ish – but there’s still something in our hearts that resonates with the likes of Avail, Sick Of It All, Strike Anywhere, The Bouncing Souls, Shai Hulud, etc. We still wanted to be a part of that fabric, both in sound and ethic, and maybe eventually play some shows with said bands. Thus far though, we’ve been honored to share bills with some of our local favorites such as Capital (Revelation), Crime In Stereo (Bridge Nine), After The Fall (if there’s a God this band is going to be huge) and Thieves and Assassins. It’s been great and we’ve considered it a privilege to have these opportunities from the start.

About a year ago we came up with “Vinyl For My Friends,” a fun, fast, in your face blast of ridiculousness, written on a whim in one practice. We thought it rocked pretty hard and, apparently, so did some of our friends. As per one of their suggestions, we went ahead and pressed the song on a 7”. Recorded in Vinny’s basement, conceptualized and designed by Vinny and Frank (mostly Vinny) and brought to life out of our own empty, twenty-something pockets, we present to you: Vinyl For My Friends. It’s our second release (if you count our demo) and we're super proud of it. It captures a brief era of our lives – one defined by the turbulence, trials, and hardships we faced, but also the good times, friendships, and our own small victories. Hopefully those mixed moments of humor, confusion, and "ah fuck it, lets just play punk rock" carry through."