Anyone run Firefox off a USB drive?

I used to run Firefox off of my pen drive at college to get around the filters/restriction. I didn't use any add-ons/plug-in for a long period of time, but they used to install to the pen drive. Although i am pretty sure i used a full version not a portable version. I have been using the same one for 3/4 years though. Also i had a little trouble with bookmarks, you had to move the bookmarks in to the profile folder which was somewhere in the Firefox folder on the pen drive for them to show in the menu, they didn't always add straight from Firefox. Although there are defiantly new versions that might have solved this. My version number is 1.0.7.

Edit:

To make it work you just need to drag the folder on to the root of your drive. If you want me to send you it that's cool. Its the PC version, i'm sure you could update it, i am just lazy.

Damn, my USB drive is old- it's only 512mb. I'm installing it now, and hopefully I can get some settings set-up where it'll be like my version here

Also thanks for the info tom, but the newest portable version lets you install it right to the drive through the install which makes it really easy.

That's ok dude, no worries.