Visitors to VC: Lusitania / Truckstop Coff

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Lusitania (8-4-09) - Our good buddy, Damian, who books the Triple Nickel in Colorado Springs are probably Lusitania's biggest fan. Some months back, he gave me a copy of Lusitania's CD and told me I should check it out. I listened to it quite a bit as it is really good Americana. The band have been working with Jim Ward (of Sleepercar/Sparta) with their newest album which is nearly done but the guys were in town on tour playing all over Denver. They played with Drag the River last weekend at the Triple Nickel and they came through town on Tuesday. I couldn't make the show since I had already planned to go see Cobra Skulls, Copyrights, and Only Thunder, but they did stop by and picked up a few records. They are all nice people and I am excited to hear their new album. The guys are from El Paso so we will hopefully have a few of our bands play with them the next time they go through Texas. If any of you know them or go see them on tour, make sure to ask them why only 1 of the 4 guys on tour have a cell phone (they all had cell phones at the start of the tour).

[image]

Pete from Truckstop Cofeee (8-4-09) - Truckstop Coffee are from South Florida; they recently did a short tour with the Takers. Our buddy Autopsy at Nine Bullets dot net has been championing Truckstop Coffee for some time now and I can see why. They play great roots rock/alt-country. Pete, their vocalist was in town visiting family. He is planning a tour of the south with his band and in October, he is gonna do a solo tour through Colorado. Pete took a few buses from the Airport to visit us on Tuesday and while here, he gave us a few CDs including their upcoming, new album which sounds really good.

Thanks guys for visiting; Check out other Visitors to VC here

http://www.vinylcollective.com/visitors-of-vc/