AmeriCorps

Has anyone ever worked for AmeriCorps before? Having just graduated college with a Marketing and Business Administration degrees, I can't find any decent job anywhere. So I was thinking about joining AmeriCorps for a one year contract since I really don't see the job market improving anytime soon.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I did it and it was one of the best things I've ever done. It is hard fucking work. You'll deal with a lot of people who are just in it to get a check, but man the folks that are there to make difference are some of the best you'll ever meet. Be prepared to live lean as it isn't a crazy amount of money, but it'll pay the bills and will look great on your resume. My time with the program was in reading centers and working on a reading van that went to different projects every day. It was a joy. Go for it if you want to help your community.

Loki is pretty dead on my girlfriend of 5 years did AmeriCorp NCCC right out of school and had a good time and some cool experiences and is actually currently at her PSO for an AmeriCorps Vista job here in Philly with the non-profit Pathways PA

there are a lot of different programs you can get invovled in that are super cool.

If you had some questions PM me and i can set you up with her email or something.

Loki is pretty dead on my girlfriend of 5 years did AmeriCorp NCCC right out of school and had a good time and some cool experiences and is actually currently at her PSO for an AmeriCorps Vista job here in Philly with the non-profit Pathways PA

With the exception of most of kevinb's posts, this is potentially one of the worst sentences I've encountered on here.

With the exception of most of kevinb's posts, this is potentially one of the worst sentences I've encountered on here.

could care less.

The "on here" portion of your sentence is arguably redundant.