black vs coloured vinyl - any audible differences?

lnoyl

white vinyl it is....i think it would have to sound like absolute ass in order to make me switch to another colour at this point. I view the colour of the vinyl as an extention of the sounds on the record, if that makes any sense...it's like mood lighting, and i can add or contrast the look with the sounds that are going to blast out of it....

If my test pressing's are done in black, then i'll be able to A/B in uber detail...

I've said it before and I will opine again: GZ is a horrible pressing plant that is good for one thing - making gimmicky records that are appealing visually (+/–) only. I wish to hell labels would stop using them or that Pirates Press would contract with a US plant (like my favorite – RTI) and at least give folks a choice between sonics and novelty.

I'd rather have it on black than an umpteenth 3 color haze that sounds like utter shite.

My understanding is that the multicolours may suffer from increased noise, and certain colours were worse at doing that (according to the notes that GZ sent me).

You know its interesting - this is my first pressing - and i had/have no idea what to expect. When I went around and contacted 6 active pressing plants, asking for standard quotes/turn around times, half of the plants wouldn't even return my emails - just simply ignored them, and wouldnt respond through to the quote generators on their websites! And i was sitting there ready to hand over the cash!

There were two plants that i contacted that seemed like they had their shit together. I eventually decided to go with GZ, partly because they were professional from the beginning. When i first heard of them, i was like - woah...am i gonna send all this money oversea's to a post-communist state that i really now nothing about, other than they launched some great shit into the sky (sputnik cosmonauts!!!). But they've got english rep's, and any questions i got, they answer in 24 hours. They actually taught me alot about the process. Plus, they cut DMM...we'll see what these test pressings sound like...