Phone advice

rise3905

I am with melikecheese.

I have had Nokias since the late nineties, I took an iPhone on upgrade with the intentions to sell it and stick with my old handset. I had a play with it just to see what all the hype was about, and i was instantly sold. One of the greatest phones/piece of technology i have owned.

i don't know about the iPhone. not quite sure why but i just think they're a little overrated. i've used one a few times and sure, they're fun and all, but i just dunno.... i've read a few not so great reviews about the N97 being run on the Symbian platform which is slightly outdated. can anyone tell me in simple terms what the hell this means?!?

To put it simply, the iPhone is the best phone to own right now. It would take a lot to push the iPhone off its top peak. While the touch screen and the little doo dads are fun, its the software that sets the iPhone miles ahead of the competition and the apps that put it in its own class..

If you have the ability to buy an iPhone and you dont take it, you're a fool.

i'm more after a phone-like phone, if this makes sense. like a blackberry. i know the iPhone is still a phone in every sense of the word but i'm just not sold on it. some people/reviews say they're shit, some say they're the best in the world, but it's like that with everything. i'm just trying to get a more personal opinion on mainly the other two i mentioned but i guess everyone is super pro-iphone (besides impact :))

my girlfriend has an iphone, and i have a blackberry. to me, blackberries are way more reliable, and built much better. i'd say, the only thing that the blackberry lacks, when compared to an iphone is a really good web-browser. the blackberry web-browser is still very good, but the iphone browser is better. the way i see it, is that the iphone is geared more towards consumers, while the blackberry is geared more towards business people.

As far as being geared toward consumers, yeah, probably, I now have a ipod too which is a nice bonnus to the iphone. And I use it for business all the time as it is linked to my exchange server and I run all my contacts and meetings from it and everyone in my company who has a phone for work has an iphone, not one blackberry left.