GRAVE MISTAKE RECORDS UPDATE - 10.19.09

GRAVE MISTAKE RECORDS UPDATE

OCTOBER 19, 2009

Happy Fall! Here's an update for you since I've been laying low for the past few months. Well, summer is long gone and the 2009 is almost up ... it's been quite a busy year here at Grave Mistake. So far this year we've seen six new 7"s, two new LPs, and one new cd, had a nice European excursion with GW and Wasted Time, had a blast at No Way Fest 3, and have filled what seems like a zillion mailorders, distro orders, and trades. I have lost countless hours of sleep trying to get it all done ... but it's been worth it. I'd like to say that I will be wrapping this year up quietly, but that would be too easy ...

I've got three brand new 7" releases expected out before winter hits ... first off is the debut 7" from Richmond's SOUTHSIDE STRANGLERS. SOUTHSIDE STRANGLERS features Kenny and Brandon from GOVERNMENT WARNING, and have been playing around Richmond nonstop for the better part of this year. We will finally be seeing their first official release next month. This EP will be a split with my good friend Dave Brown and VICIOUS CIRCLE RECORDS. Also in the works is a brand new 7" from CLOAK/DAGGER. This three song single features a cut from their upcoming LOST ART LP on JADE TREE, plus two brand new, non-LP B-sides. I am trying my hardest to have these ready in time for THE FEST at the end of this month, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Finally, and I've been talking about this one for years (literally), but THE ERGS "THRASH COMPACTOR" 7" will FINALLY see the light of day. The test presses should be in next week, I MIGHT have these by THE FEST as well, but we'll see. For those that aren't familiar with this EP, or might find an ERGS record on GRAVE MISTAKE a little odd, I can assure you that this record smokes. Five blazing fast hardcore songs in about three minutes on this one-sided EP. Definitely not the standard output you woul expect from an ERGS record, but anyone familiar with the band knows that they have been known to stray from the melodic at times and have a penchant for 80s hardcore ... so this really shouldn't come as a surprise. This will be a split with FIRESTARTER RECORDS.

Also in the works, hopefully for this year but definitely in the near future, will be complete discography CDs for both GOVERNMENT WARNING and WASTED TIME. The WASTED TIME CD will feature the FUTILITY 12", both EPs, and their track from NO BULLSHIT VOL. 2. The GOVERNMENT WARNING CD will be 40 songs, pretty much everything the band has recorded; both the PARANOID MESS and NO MODERATION LPs, all three 7" EPs, the song from NO BULLSHIT VOL 1, and a couple of surprises as well. The music for both of these CDs have been compiled and mastered, so it's just a matter of getting the artwork ready to go. They will both definitely happen though, and hopefully sooner than later.

On a final note, last week saw the seventh anniversary of GRAVE MISTAKE RECORDS. Now I know that seven years isn't usually seen as a "landmark" anniversary year, but this is just the first year I've paid attention. So ... in honor of the past seven years of my life I flushed down the toilet, I'm offering seven stupid special little package deals in the webstore. So if you have been avoiding GRAVE MISTAKE releases until now, maybe this will be some incentive to check something out. You can check those here:

http://www.gravemistakerecords.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=48

I also have a lot of new stuff in the webstore, but I'm saving that for a separate email ...

Thanks for reading!

Alex / GRAVE MISTAKE RECORDS

www.gravemistakerecords.com

WEBSTORE: www.gravemistakerecords.com/catalog

:P ???