620 film help

Guest errolwest

Guest errolwest

i just bought a kodak brownie, and it takes 620 film, which is no longer made. I am mostly wondering what my best option is, ive read some stuff on the internets about respooling 120 film on to a 620 spool. but i had no clue what it was saying. if any one could clarify, or give me a better option, id be stoked.

Unlike 35mm film, which is self contained in a light-tight cartridge, medium format film is placed directly onto a spool and is only protected from light by a paper backing. You will need to get your hands on some extra 620 spools from ebay or an old photo shop. These really shouldn't cost much. Then buy a few rolls of 120 film. Once you have the film it needs to be changed using a room that is TOTALLY dark, or a film changing bag (~$20 at a photo store). You need to remove the film from the 120 spool and put it back on to the 620 spool. Spools are reusable indefinately until you break one, but that won't happen under normal use.

Here is a picture of 120 film on the spool along with 3 empty spools.

[image]