New Say Anything record.

Guest adam526

I love Fed to Death, Less Cute, and Ahhh...Men. The only songs I don't really care for are Crush'd and Property. Although, I enjoy the acoustic version of Crush'd that's floating around the web.

I agree for the most part. Its a lot better than in defense... (if you took out all the "bad" songs and released a single disc, it would have been pretty damn rockin') But this new record is kind of bland to me.

But again people, we are comparing it to Is A Real Boy... which was a freakin' masterpiece (again, my opinion) and is almost impossible to top. We are just going to have to accept the fact that they will never release anything that perfect.

i'm a few listens in and don't really know what to think of it yet. it's not bad but it's not amazing. definitely flows better and is more cohesive than In Defense Of The Genre but doesn't compare to Is A Real Boy.

it's hard to live up to Is A Real Boy. i think if you take that album out of their discography people would like IDOTG and the self titled album more. or at least have it come after these two albums, that way people would see some progession and not see IDOTG as a slight step backwards. i think they bit off more than they can chew with IDOTG and tried to do too much for a follow up to Is A Real Boy because people expected something better.

It's gotta suck for a band to put out their most beloved record first. They don't even have a chance. Say Anything might as well break up now, and come back with a new name and not mention that Bemis is in the band. Not to say they don't have fans, because obviously they have a huge following. It's just every record will seem like a disappointment no matter what.

i agree with you dudes better than idotg but doesn't touch is a real boy.

I can't remember the track names but I don't know how I feel about tracks 3 & 7

although i like the lyrics for track 3.