SUPPORT THE REVIVAL TOUR,Purchase Fall 2009 dbl CD

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

THE REVIVAL TOUR Fall 2009 Collection double CD w/ FREE Program (Chuck Ragan,Tim Barry,Chad Price)

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/TenFourRevToCD

The Revival Tour needs your support. Due to some really terrible weather, the tour was grounded in Nebraska and was forced to cancel 3 shows (Denver, Salt Lake City, and Bozeman). The tour lost a lot of money not being able to make it to the shows due to bus and driver rental, fuel, daily expenses, and missed revenue. Because of this, Chuck Ragan asked if we wouldn't mind selling copies of their double CD through our store in an effort to raise some money to help offset some of the expenses they were forced to incur. We happily agreed. Nearly every penny from the sale of the 2 disc set will go to the good folks on the Revival Tour.

We are proud to offer to you the Revival Tour Fall 2009 Collection. The compilation is a double CD featuring some of the greatest acts in independent Americana, Folk, Singer-Songwriter, and Alt-Country. I have been listening to this comp all weekend and it reminded me of the days where you anticipated new compilation CDs as a way to discover new artists. Sure, I was familiar with a majority of the acts on the 2 CDs, but I also found a lot of acts I wasn't as familiar with. Not only that, some of the acts I know well featured alternate or unreleased versions of songs.

The comp starts off with a Jim Ward song I had never heard and much to my surprise it is one of my favorite tracks on the first disc. The first disc also features familiar tracks by Chuck Ragan, Frank Turner, and Austin Lucas, but I was excited to hear tracks by Jenny Owen Youngs, Possessed by Paul James, Steve Brodsky (of Cave In), The Zydepunks, Anderson Family Bluegrass Band (Chuck has been raving about these youngsters for a while now), and the Water Tower Bucket Boys. It was great to hear Dave House (of Loved Ones) contribute a solo song; he apparently has a full album recorded which I am looking forward to hearing. Probably my other favorite song on the first CD "The Day is Past and Gone" by Bob Lucas (Austin's Dad). The song is pretty much just vocals not unlike something that might make the soundtrack of O Brother Where Art Thou. You can see where Austin gets his songwriting chops from.

Disc 2 starts off with a killer Kevin Seconds' track which goes into one of the biggest surprises of the compilation, a track by Audra Mae. The folks at Side One recently signed her and I can see why they are so excited. Her voice is out of site and the song is so timeless. The comp also features tracks by Digger Barnes and Jon Gaunt who you always see backing up the rotating cast of the Revival Tour, but on this comp, they both have songs of their own with them on lead vocals, and both tracks are great. I love the Digger Barnes album and am hopeful this will get him some much deserved attention. I guess you can say I am pretty partial to disc 2 as 1/3rd of the track listing belongs to Suburban Home acts. Chad Price's version of Sweet Angel is an alternate version than the one that appears on "Smile Sweet Face" as it features backing vocals by Jon Snodgrass. The Joey Cape track is his song from the split 7" with Jon Snodgrass which appears on CD for the first time, and the Tim Barry track is a teaser from his upcoming album which won't see daylight til the end of January. Disc 2 also introduced me to tracks by Haywood Yards, Tom Cook Band, and Tin Horn Prayer (which features Andy of Suburban Home/Only Thunder and Mike of the Blackout Pact). The whole collection ends with a track written and recorded at last year's Revival Tour, "Revival Road" which features Chuck Ragan, Ben Nichols, Frank Turner, Tim Barry, Todd Beene, J Gaunt, D Barnes.

Buy this compilation to support one of the greatest tours happening right now. Buy this compilation because of all of the incredible people behind the tour. By this compilation because you won't be able to find a better collection of Americana/Folk/Alt-Country. Listening to this compilation brought back the same feelings I had when I first heard "Fat Music for Fat People", "Hopelessly Devoted to You", and "Mailorder is Fun" and has inspired me to consider putting together more compilations and mix tapes.

We have 150 copies of the Compilation and hope to sell every one. Every order will get a FREE Revival Tour program guide and the first 10 orders will get a Revival Tour Coozie (all photographed).

Ordered.

Same. Haven't bought a comp in a long time and looking forward to it - I know exactly what Virgil means when he says he misses them. I used love finding out new bands that way.

Looking forward to finding out some new music soon!

Hope the rest of the tour goes well for all involved.