One Man Army > Dead to Me

zak138

Wasnt really into Dead To Me when I first got the first album but it grew on me then Little Brother totally blew me away and African Elephants is good but its a grower, the more I listen to it the better it gets but its still no where near their first 2 releases.

Was never a fan of OMA but I dont think they're terrible.

Nathan Grice is no Jack Dalrymple. It's unfortunate in a selfish way, because the Jack/Chicken duo was dynamic and amazing. Nathan worked out great doing some backing vocals, and playing amazing guitar, and his always amazing artistic point of view. However African Elephants falls flat vocally, melodically, and the guitar riffs seemed over used on different songs. And some songs just fall flat. DTM is still good, but I just pray Jack comes back. Because this band is truly amazing when he's in the line up.

Nathan Grice is no Jack Dalrymple. It's unfortunate in a selfish way, because the Jack/Chicken duo was dynamic and amazing. Nathan worked out great doing some backing vocals, and playing amazing guitar, and his always amazing artistic point of view. However African Elephants falls flat vocally, melodically, and the guitar riffs seemed over used on different songs. And some songs just fall flat. DTM is still good, but I just pray Jack comes back. Because this band is truly amazing when he's in the line up.

Apparently Jack is just on hiatus and will be back

Apparently Jack is just on hiatus and will be back

If true, that's mint!

“We are always going to miss him and his influence, but I think were all open for change. Personally I like when a band’s records mark different phases of their life. Jack’ will be back, though, I don’t doubt that. Maybe we will even get baby Jack in a few records!” says Ian on their Fat Wreck bio, but I'm almost positive I read something where Jack said he was coming back for the next album.