If You Like Rocky Votolato,Elliott Smith, and Whis

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

I was just thinking the other day that just posting a stream on our site may not always entice you to listen to it. If it is an artist you haven't heard, you are likely to make a snap decision on whether or not you will like the record without ever listening. I figured from time to time, I will post an "IF YOU LIKE, YOU'LL LIKE" in the subject header with hopes that you might like one of the artists and find yourself compelled to listen to the artist's full album stream.

This first attempt is with PJ Bond's debut, solo album, "You Didn't Know I Was Alphabetical". It is one of the few albums everyone in the office can agree on and one that I personally like a lot. I hear some Elliott Smith influences, but the playing and singing reminds me quite a bit of Rocky Votolato. I have yet to see him play (missed him on the last tour), but I look forward to seeing him some day. We loved the album so much, we put a track from the album on our 2nd Suburban Home Records' mix tape. Black Numbers released the album and we currently have it on a few colors of vinyl and on CD. If you like what you hear, here is a link to purchase a copy

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?sck=5162107&Page=1&Sort=1&key=pj%20bond

stream the album here:

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/02/0....j-bond -stream/

You got me to listen to it with the Whiskeytown and 6 songs in, I have barely heard the resemblance, but am digging it. Deffiantly see the Rocky and Eliott in him though, just might have to place an order for this.

I guess I should listen to Whiskeytown. I hear the Rocky and Elliott comparisons like you do, but their bio/one sheet also compared them to Whiskeytown so I figured why not. Which record are you listening to? I will have to check it out.

You got me to listen to it with the Whiskeytown and 6 songs in, I have barely heard the resemblance, but am digging it. Deffiantly see the Rocky and Eliott in him though, just might have to place an order for this.

I guess I should listen to Whiskeytown. I hear the Rocky and Elliott comparisons like you do, but their bio/one sheet also compared them to Whiskeytown so I figured why not. Which record are you listening to? I will have to check it out.

The stream you have up is what Im listening to, but I'm a huge Whiskeytown/ Ryan Adams fan. Whiskeytown deffiantly has alot more violin in it, and more of a country/americana feel to it. Alot like Gram Parsons. Now on track 10 of PJ's and this one is more like the Pnemonia era of Whiskeytown.