UPCOMING BOSTON SHOWS

12/1

Papercut Zine Library, 45 mount auburn street

5PM ALL AGES $5 Donation for touring bands and papercut

Shellshag http://www.myspace.com/shellshag from NYC

Bridget & The Squares http://www.myspace.com/bridgetandthesquares indiepop

The Closet Fairies http://www.myspace.com/theclosetfairies powerpop, marked men stuff

The Have Mercys http://www.myspace.com/havemercys poppy stuff

12/8

The Brocery Store Basment Show (i don't even know the address yet, so don't ask til the day before)

For Science (Jersey!)

The Leftovers (maine/boston)

Dirty Money (Gainesville Florida)

The Asthmatics (nh)

Female Troube

show starts at 6

BBQ at 5:30

12/10

The Plough and Stars, in Cambridge

10PM

FREE!!!!

DANCE YOUR ASS

A DJ/Dance night where members of the Serious Geniuses (kiss of death records) will be playing music to wiggle your booty to.

will add more as they come down the line.

I love Harper's Ferry...what's the problem? It's right on the bus line, they have good beer on tap and it's a nice small club.

nice small club?

place is bigger then downstairs mid east!

the best thing about this place...the re-admittance,

30 second walk to the sill down the street, 1.50 pbr and free pop corn

it's not all ages at night it's 18+

but more my concern is bands that can't fill this room playing there.

it's embarrassing how big the room is, and if there aren't a hundred people, it seems like the bands are playing to no one.

this show should have been at the mideast up, or talked to me and put in a basement, or the zine library, or whatever. the bands will get like, no money, even less then if i was setting it up, because room cost there is fucking high as shit.

woah woah woah...i book tons of shows in houston, so i tottally agree with you about big rooms and bands playing them that can't fill them. But where were you like 5 months ago when tour was getting booked! and could you offer a garuntee or a decent door cut for not one, not two, but three touring bands. One of them who draws super well, and doesn't make any money off of anything but the door?

i'm not trying to knock you down, or say you aren't doing anything, but you have to put stuff in perspective. I would have gladly booked the show with you, if i would have known that you wanted it, and could help us all out, but fact of the matter is, my friend colin stepped in, got it last minute, and made sure everything was taken care of.

next time, ryantheterrible, you and i shall dance in the boston streets.

i saw Fake Problems at Harper's...like...8 people paid. it was embarrassing.

this is why "bigger" bands who aren't huge should contact me, but i'm fine to let them be unhappy with this city if they want to just take the easy way out.

yeah, i was at this show. i didn't pay. fake problems guestlisted 3 friends and I cause we had seen gone to the 3 new england shows the days before (woo summer). they wouldn't even let me in though cause i'm 17, so i had to sneak in the back door.

I love Harper's Ferry...what's the problem? It's right on the bus line, they have good beer on tap and it's a nice small club.

nice small club?

place is bigger then downstairs mid east!

the best thing about this place...the re-admittance,

30 second walk to the sill down the street, 1.50 pbr and free pop corn

Compare to Avalon, Axis, Roxy...basements shows aside, it's a nice, small club.

Guest falloutcollapse
FUCK!!

I thought this was a thread about the classic rock band Boston. I was all......wait a minute.....Brad killed himself....are they still gonna bring the rock?!!?!?!

Thanks for killing my boner.

Nobody even likes classic rock.

woah woah woah...i book tons of shows in houston, so i tottally agree with you about big rooms and bands playing them that can't fill them. But where were you like 5 months ago when tour was getting booked! and could you offer a garuntee or a decent door cut for not one, not two, but three touring bands. One of them who draws super well, and doesn't make any money off of anything but the door?

i'm not trying to knock you down, or say you aren't doing anything, but you have to put stuff in perspective. I would have gladly booked the show with you, if i would have known that you wanted it, and could help us all out, but fact of the matter is, my friend colin stepped in, got it last minute, and made sure everything was taken care of.

next time, ryantheterrible, you and i shall dance in the boston streets.

5 months ago? sitting here booking shows for a lot of other bands. i've booked a lot of fairly "big" bands in this area. and have a decent reputation. i don't do guarantees or agree to riders, but i take care of the bands from out of town. you can ask fifth hour hero (r.i.p) lemuria or the ergs off the top of my head that i do a good job.

5 months ago was what, june? i don't know. i was booking shows as always.