Need Help from the UK: National HV Colored

pianorocker

Hey,

I'm looking for someone in the UK close to one of the Rough Trade locations or a record store that is carrying The National High Violet on the limited purple color vinyl. I'd pay cost, shipping, and a little extra.

The UK colored vinyl is vastly different than the US version, and being that they're my favorite band I'd really like to get this edition. I've seen them on ebay, but it's going to cost over 35 dollars that route.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=325538

Rough Trade do have an online store, do they not ship to the US?

Also, with the price of the LP on there, that comes to $25 for the record, plus about $10 to ship a record to the US. $35 on eBay doesn't seem so steep after all.

True. I guess a lot of the Ebay ones the shipping was like 12-16 dollars. I know records were more expensive in the UK as well. I wanted to buy direct from rough trade, but there website doesn't specify if it's the limited color edition. And the contact us is just a telephone number (obviously international).

Guest markovianprocess
http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=325538

Rough Trade do have an online store, do they not ship to the US?

Also, with the price of the LP on there, that comes to $25 for the record, plus about $10 to ship a record to the US. $35 on eBay doesn't seem so steep after all.

True. I guess a lot of the Ebay ones the shipping was like 12-16 dollars. I know records were more expensive in the UK as well. I wanted to buy direct from rough trade, but there website doesn't specify if it's the limited color edition. And the contact us is just a telephone number (obviously international).

[email protected]

Try that one.

Even people in the UK are struggling to get a copy on coloured vinyl. Apparently on version it says the colour on the sleeve, but not on the UK (so there’s no way of differentiating). My local store assumed they would have the violet, but on opening they were all black.

It's not just available from Rough Trade but from other independent stores, you could try ...

www.banquetrecords.com

www.recordstore.co.uk

www.piccadillyrecords.com

But you may find you're better off with ebay, that's where I got my copy in the end.

Even people in the UK are struggling to get a copy on coloured vinyl. Apparently on version it says the colour on the sleeve, but not on the UK (so there’s no way of differentiating). My local store assumed they would have the violet, but on opening they were all black.

It's not just available from Rough Trade but from other independent stores, you could try ...

www.banquetrecords.com

www.recordstore.co.uk

www.piccadillyrecords.com

But you may find you're better off with ebay, that's where I got my copy in the end.

Interesting. I just purchased one from Germany on Ebay. On the plastic sleeve it has a sticker that says it's on limited violet vinyl. I made sure to buy one that had a picture of the violet vinyl too.

I assume there is just the US press and UK press?

Went back to my local store today who'd managed to locate me a purple copy, it's solid colour rather than translucent. I’ve a copy brought from eBay on the way, if it's the same it'll be up for trade.

The stores black vinyl copy were shrink wrapped where as the purple was in a heavy-weight PVC sleeve. Both appeared to be 180g, embossed cover and gatefold sleeve- really nice package.