Vinyl Collector of the Day, Jim Nieves

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Today, we bring you our Vinyl Collector of the day, Jim Nieves. I recently read comments on a recent Collector of the Day post where readers had mentioned that they thought their own stories were not as compelling as that of the current Collector of the Day. I think that what makes these features great is that everyone has such a unique story as to how they found this format. Vinyl has spoken to each of us in a very special way and I really hope everyone gets a chance to share their own experience. Today, we bring you Jim Nieves, and what I love about Jim's feature is that he comes from a different world of collecting. I think it would be fair to say that most collectors that have found Vinyl Collective come from more of a Punk Rock or Hardcore world. Jim comes from a slightly different world. I highly recommend reading his answers to why he collects vinyl, his first record purchase, records he would love to see pressed, out of print records he would love to own, and how one of his most prized records only cost him 20 cents. I particularly enjoyed reading about Jim's comments on vinyl retail prices and how they have escalated in recent years. Thanks Jim for answering our questions.

Please click the link to read more http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/06/03/vinyl-collector-of-the-day-jim-nieves/ . And if you are ready to submit your own Vinyl Collector of the Day, just click here http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/05/26/are-you-vinyl-collectives-vinyl-collector-of-the-week/