Sigur Ros - Rimur EP

it's a tour e.p that was recorded with traditional Icelandic singer, Steindór Andersen. it was originally available on their 2001 tour including the US tour. supposedly limited to only 1000 CDR copies worldwide but there might have been a second pressing done by PIAS in the US because copies were being sold in indie shops (at least in L.A.) some copies were shrinkwrapped with a clear sticker with the Sigur Ros logo and a round sticker with info about the e.p. there are at least two versions of the CD. both of my copies are black ink on solid white background

[image]

but there are also copies where the same image is silkscreened onto the CD (with no white background)

i bought my first copy for $20 at a shop in 2001. then last year i went to the same shop and they happened to be playing it in the store so i asked if they had any copies for sale and the guy gave me one for free.

it's never been released on vinyl

yeah that was a great response, thanks man!

i was curious my friend got super stoked yesterday when he saw a copy of this in a store. he dropped a little over $50 which to me seems a bit ridiculous for a CD. he said it was a fair price and it was one of those things he would never see in his life again. but after hearing you picked up a second copy for free, i'm skeptical haha

i read about it a little more and the whole thing was recorded in an empty swimming pool which is pretty interesting

$50+ is actually a fair price. i just got really lucky that i recognized who it was when it was playing in the store and that the guy was really nice. i really doubt that they're that easy to find. in fact, apart from eBay, those were the only times i had seen the disc for sale.

on a side note, both Sigur Ros' ( ) and Takk... albums were recorded in the empty swimming remodeled into their studio.