Re: P/O The Winchell Riots 10" Ep release

The Winchell Riots are a four-piece from Oxford who take their name from a chapter in a Philip Roth novel, The Plot Against America.. They're a little bit emo, a little bit Elbow, and a little bit Editors. They've been compared to Mew and Muse, Death Cab for Cutie and Bjork, the latter probably based on McMinn's ability to soar angelically when he sings and they've played gigs as support to everyone from Glasvegas to the Streets, iLikeTrains to Kraftwerk/Neu! founder Michael Rother. The band have recently been recording a single, Kandahar Road, with Dan Austin, who has worked with Massive Attack, Doves and Cherry Ghost, and who brings an epic grandeur, a majestic melancholy, to their sound.

The above biog was quoted from 'The Guardian' newspaper but I'm here to be more personal and say that The Winchell Riots are a fantastic British band who are a bit more 'tear in the eye' than 'blood in the pit'- I reckon we all need to have a bit of music that wears its heart on its sleeve on our behalf once in a while- and this gorgeous 10" Ep fits the bill perfectly. It's a debut release, on their own label, and a second one is planned for the new year- give it a try if it appeals and maybe it'll be the first of many.

I'm not too sure about the cost of shipping overseas but I'm sure an email to [email protected] would find out.

http://www.myspace.com/thewinchellriots

http://www.thewinchellriots.co.uk/