warped records: melty badness.

i was wondering if anyone else has received warped records when shipped with t-shirts or other items in the same package. I have never had a problem with records warping during shipping, but recently i received two separate shipments that included new records that warped and t-shirts from different labels (no idea and rev).

One had a 6" and a shirt - the vinyl looked like a salad bowl. The other had an LP, 7" and two shirts. The LP looked like a constipated grimace as it spun, but the 7" was only slightly warped. They were both tightly packed in record mailers, 7" and LP boxes respectively.

I know records will warp if there is unequal heating/cooling so maybe the shirts trapped heat against one side of the record. Plus, it also August and they were shipped from CA and FL to MD.

Anyone else notice this phenomena?

yes, agreed. i think fortuna spun me wrong. I am definitely wary of ordering shirts and records again, particularly at the height of summer.

on a semi-related note, i have never had a problem with the shrinking shrink wrap. I have some records still sealed and many with the shrink still on them. The only exception is a german yuppicide bootleg that shrinky-dinked in my 3rd floor heat. Luckily, the record was not in the sleeve.