Vinyl Collector of the Day, Derek Graver

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Today, I bring you our Vinyl Collector of the Day, Derek Graver. Derek resides in Columbus, Ohio; wonder if he knows Micah and the Two Cow Garage guys. Derek was kind enough to answer our questions on why he collects vinyl, records he would love to own, his thoughts on colored vinyl, his greatest vinyl score, the record(s) that got away, a record he would like to see pressed, and more. One thing that really resonated with me is how he and a lot of people first got exposed to vinyl through their parents' collections. He recalls one particular record he would listen while playing Nintendo that always skipped in the exact same place every single time. He said if he ever hears that song anywhere else and there isn't a skip, something doesn't seem quite right. Thanks Derek for taking the time to answer our questions.

You, too, can answer our questions and submit your Vinyl Collector of the Day feature. What are you waiting for? You can find the questions here http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/08/16/submit-your-vinyl-collector-of-the-day-feature-1-question-changed/

Click the link to read more about Derek

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/09/02/vinyl-collector-of-the-day-derek-graver/

Guest markovianprocess

You mentioned The Matches in your stuff I missed section, what do they have on vinyl? I was under the impression they never had anything pressed.

"You mentioned The Matches in your stuff I missed section, what do they have on vinyl? I was under the impression they never had anything pressed."

I think you might be right. I always worried that I missed out on vinyl they might have sold just at their show, but upon further research nothing is coming up.

"Good stuff! Go Columbus!

Get out to Spoonful man, you will dig it."

Just made it to Spoonful yesterday...and loved it! I'll definitely be frequenting that place...talked to the owner for a little bit, and found some gems. The prices are really good too. Many thumbs up!

btw...really enjoy reading your blog!