Limited Pressing offers Bands Free For Life

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

While I am a bit biased (Limited Pressing not only powers my online store, they have one hell of an auction site), I wanted to share the recent news that Limited Pressing will now offer bands stores FREE For LIFE. You can read more about their announcement below, but if your band doesn't have a store, you need to jump on this opportunity. If you have a store and are unhappy with it, you should consider what LP has to offer. Not only is Limited Pressing a great tool for selling your records, they are easy to reach if a problem or question pops up. They have my highest recommendation.

Limited Pressing announcement:

If you didn't already know, Bandcamp recently started charging for their service. Originally when we learned about this we thought, "streaming and downloading tons of music can cost a fortune at the level they're doing it, so you can't blame them." But then we saw the amount they were charging: 15% for digital sales and 10% (for now) for physical. Well we were pretty disappointed, especially with the percentage they were taking from physical sales. They have nothing to do with physical sales, and it's mind boggling how they justify this.

Bandcamp was a great service that allowed small bands and labels to distribute their music cheaply. Now they're a great service looking to make some serious coin. Well, here at Limited Pressing, we're not concerned about serious coin. With this in mind, we've done three things:

First, we launched our digital download promotion page that shows exactly what we're capable of and how cost effective we've made it ($10 for 400 downloads, $20 for 1000 downloads). Check out http://limitedpressing.com/digital for more information about our digital download capabilities.

Next, we decided to run a promotion to help out all of the bands that Bandcamp stuck it to with this 10% (soon to be 15%) transaction fee on physical sales. For the next two weeks, if you sign up for a band store it's free for life. Not six months. Not a year. Free for life. As long as you want the store open, it's yours.

Lastly, we decided to make sure our current band stores were taken care of. So over the next few days we'll be making your store free for life as well. Any automatic payments received between now and then will be refunded.

If you want a band store free for life, go to our stores page and sign up for one:

http://limitedpressing.com/stores

We hope you will do the music world a favor and send this email to everyone you know. And when you do, let them know that the only place left with the little guy in mind is Limited Pressing!

Thanks to everyone that makes Limited Pressing possible.

What happened with the Interpunk falling out? I see they're no longer doing the fullfillment for you..

Really awesome guys over there, shame it didn't work out :(

it's a long story, they are still warehousing / selling my stuff, but I am handling my pre-orders and running my store, too. They are a great company, things just didn't work out like I had envisioned it might

• 2 weeks later...